Chapter Eleven

"Thank you for the meal Aoi-san!" Naho said with her mouth muffled with udon noodles. "You're welcome." Aoi smiled, taking some chopsticks out of a kitchen drawer. She sat down and began to eat.

"Where's Mizue and Shinobu-san?" Sumi asked, looking at the two empty seats right in front of her."Shinobu did say she wanted to talk to Mizue earlier." Both Naho and Kiyo simultaneously responded. Sumi looked over to Aoi to ask her where they were but Aoi shrugged.

"Sorry we're late for dinner!" Shinobu apologized, appearing from around the corner of the hallway as Mizue was beside her. "Don't worry about it. We're having udon noodles and onigiri." Aoi explained, picking up an onigiri with chopsticks and placing it on her pink flower patterned plate.

"It looks amazing!" Mizue complimented, sitting down on the chair right in front of Sumi while Shinobu sat beside her to the right. Aoi's mouth curled up in a small smile, leaving her a bit flustered but warm inside.

"Anyways, what were you guys talking about?" Kiyo interrogated, placing her chopsticks right beside her plate. Both Shinobu and Mizue looked at each other and back at Kiyo who squinted her eyes giving the two young women uncomfortable looks.

Shinobu whistled a happy tune while picking up her chopsticks to eat. Mizue did the same and picked up an udon noodle from her bowl. Kiyo continued to stare at them as Sumi noticed the awkwardness in the room.

"Kiyo, don't worry about it!" Sumi smiled, relieving the two to relax and eat. Kiyo sighed and picked up her utensils once again. The rest of their dining time was mostly quiet unless it was something about Shinazugawa getting pushed by Mitsuri or the hot springs in the swordsmith village.

"Again, thank you for the meal! It was delicious!" Mizue thanked. Aoi was quite overjoyed with the fact everyone enjoys her cooking. They both waved goodbye to each other as Aoi watched Mizue run off to her room with Rengoku still laying down.

"How was it?" Rengoku asked, welcoming Mizue back to the room. "It was an amazing dinner! How was your bento box?" Mizue questioned, laying on the bed right beside Rengoku. "It was very nice!" Rengoku exclaimed, wanting to try to stand on his legs. They were wobbly, but you could see he was trying his best.

"Rengoku, please rest. I only wish for you to rest." Mizue stood up to put him back on his bed, yet he refused to lay back down. "Could I lay down with you?" Rengoku suddenly requested, sitting down on his bed. "Did I hear you correctly? You wanted to lay down with me?!" Mizue's face turned red as she covered her mouth with her hand. Rengoku nodded, blushing as well.

"Mizue-san?" Naho called out. "Mizue-san!" Naho repeated. "Huh?" Mizue opened her eyes to realize that Rengoku's request was only a dream. "You passed out when Rengoku answered your question about his bento box!" Naho explained. "You must've been sleepy!" Rengoku smiled, who was right beside her on the same bed.

Mizue yelped and fell out of bed on her back. "Oh, right! You looked cold, so I decided to warm you up!" Rengoku mentioned, chuckling. It was already the crack of dawn by the time Naho woke her up. "What a weird way to warm me, but it works." Mizue thought, starting to stand.

He seemed to be hugging her as well which concerned Mizue on multiple levels. "How did you get on my bed?" Mizue asked. "My body isn't very injured, so it was just like walking!" Rengoku explained, getting up from the bed.

"Anyways, breakfast isn't quite ready yet so you can go train with Aoi-san!" Naho ran off, without showing either of them where she was. Rengoku, however, knew about Shinobu's training room.

"Ikimasho!" (訳/let's go!) Rengoku grabbed her hand quite tightly and led her to the training room. But, there was only one problem that needed to be solved.