Chapter Fourteen

𝔏𝔬𝔞𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤...

𝔏𝔬𝔞𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔖𝔲𝔠𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔣𝔲𝔩!

𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥!

                                                                  𝔾𝕠

Around a month had past in the fortress and there wasn't a single day that she didn't think about going back. Mizue longed to go back and watch the koi fish with Muichiro and Naho or pick peaches with Senjuro. She even wanted to meet Giyuu and Gyomei. 

"How are your wounds doing?" Aizetsu asked, handing Mizue a bowl of fluffy rice. "They look like scars now and it still hurts when I use my hands." Mizue informed, picking up chopsticks. "You've been training since you got stabbed." Aizetsu muttered. 

"Yeah, but I don't intend to stop." Mizue was getting the hint she shouldn't be. Aizetsu looked over to her and back at his food. "Daki and Gyutaro are going out to the Red Light District tonight if you wanted to see what that's like." Aizetsu suggested. (I made it sooner because Kyojuro didn't die) 

"For now, go talk to Gyokko." Aizetsu said, placing a hot towel on Mizue's palms. "Ow! That stings!" Mizue whined. "Oh, sorry." He apologized but kept pressing down on her hands. 

"Okay, okay! I'll go see him and then I'll go with Daki and Gyutaro." Mizue got up and left the room. "She forgot to eat her rice..." Aizetsu thought to himself. A biwa struck as she appeared behind Gyokko while he was painting. 

"You wanted to see me?" Mizue asked. "Today, Gyokko-sama will be teaching you how to paint a pot properly!" Gyokko said, handing her a plain pot. "I'm lucky to be taught by you, Gyokko-sama!" Mizue complimented. 

"Yes, you are." Gyokko muttered. He instructed her how to paint a flower first. Well, your typical flower that looks like a second grader drawn it. She loved painting easy flowers, so she filled the pot's exterior with low quality flowers. 

"It's a start." Gyokko patted her head and gave her another pot. Now they tried harder flowers, like detailed roses. "And layering is very important when doing this!" Gyokko informed, stroking his paintbrush on the pot. 

Mizue layered her rose petals and it began to look a bit better until her wrist flicked black paint onto it. "Damn." Mizue thought. "That's alright! It makes your rose quite unique if you make a mistake! So continue!" Gyokko exclaimed, placing a palette of colors onto the floor. "I want to be as good as you someday!" Mizue smiled. "And you never will be." Gyokko teased. 

"Color it in and outline it at the end." Gyokko instructed. "What was the point of making lines on the inside if- never mind..." Mizue thought and took red paint onto her brush. In the end, it looked like a droopy rose. 

"You could've done worse, so here!" Gyokko gave her a wooden plate with three onigiri placed on top. She thanked Gyokko and started munching on her onigiri. "How's your hands doing?"  Gyokko asked.

"They hurt, but I'll be fine. I'll keep working hard." Mizue replied, biting into her onigiri. "How come you don't rest?" Gyokko questioned. "I want to become stronger than am so I can be equal to those who can protect me and I can protect them. But right now, I'm weak." Mizue responded, looking over to her pot. 

"For goodness sake, child. Sometimes you're seriously fucking stupid." Gyokko scolded, slapping her. "Hey!" Mizue rubbed the top of her head while he kept scolding her. She zoned out, rethinking about the demon slayer, Kie. 

They had some of the same physical attributes. But she had to come to her senses. Her sister is dead and won't come back.  

"Are you even listening?" Gyokko asked. "Gyokko-sama, do you know anything about my little sister?" Mizue questioned. "I didn't even know you had one." Gyokko claimed. "Huh." Mizue thought.