Chapter Seventeen

"When two people are stuck together as family, they always come back. Isn't that right?" 

                                                                                            "No."

"How come?"

                                                "Because sometimes they never come back."

"K-Kie...?" Mizue stuttered, whispering under her breath. "You..." Mizue continued, gripping onto her kimono and looked down, shaking. "You're alive..." The purple eyed girl hugged her sister for the first time. 

"You're alive!" Mizue hugged her even tighter than she had hugged anyone before. "There's a reason I called you, 'Shinguji-san'. I remember." Kie hugged her older sister back without hesitation. 

Happiness sprung across the room and each other's souls. Even Amane felt somewhat joy in heart seeing the two sisters. "If I may ask, how would you remember a memory from a very young age?" Mizue tilted her head in confusion, trying to think. 

"Well, I'm known for my memory of remembering my family well. Like father was also known for his great memory." The brown eyed girl explained, smiling. "Tell me, is he still alive?" Kie continued. 

Mizue shrugged and sighed. "I left home at a young age as well so I have no idea." Kie looked over to her older sister who seemed sorrowful and guilty of leaving her home. "Well, thank you very much Amane-sama for reuniting us." Mizue continued, her hair falling as she looked to her knees. 

Amane gave a warm smile and slightly bowed her head, allowing them to leave together. "We should do something together." Kie suggested. "Have you met the hashiras? They're really nice!" Mizue closed the door behind them. 

"I heard their scary though..." Kie muttered, looking at her sibling like she was crazy. "Come on! I'll introduce you!" Mizue smiled, grabbing onto Kie's wrist. "W-wait!" Kie yelled, running with her wrist trapped. 

Mizue spotted Rengoku in the distance, seemly waiting for something. "RENGOKU-SANNNN!"Mizue waved her left hand while still clutching onto her sister's wrist. "LOOKKK!" She yelled, pointing to her sister. Although, Rengoku couldn't clearly see if she was even pointing at all. 

"Is something wrong?" Rengoku asked, walking up to the two lookalikes. "This is my younger sister, Kie." Mizue introduced as Kie waved her wrist slightly. "You've told me about her once!" Rengoku reminded, crossing his arms with a bright smile. 

"Apparently she's a demon slayer, so we kinda reunited?" Mizue looked over to Kie who was a step behind her. Kie nodded and looked over to Rengoku. "Well, nice to meet you!" Rengoku made a closed eyed smile and shook her hand. 

"CAW!!! CAW!!! KIE SHINGUJI! YOU ARE TO JOIN ASAHITO ABURAYA ON A MISSION! GO NOW!" A crow squawked and repeated it over and over until Kie started to bid her farewells. "I'll see you afterwards, okay?" Kie waved goodbye to her sister and ran off. "I can't believe she's alive." Mizue thought, smiling and waving to Kie. 

Two months had passed with Tanjiro making a recovery, no troubles with the upper moons, Mizue trying to talk to Giyuu and Kie becoming acquainted with the hashiras. 

"So, tell me more about Asahito-san!" Mitsuri squealed in the delight of young love. "We met during final selection, so now we do missions together." Kie explained, sipping on her tea. "Oh? Nothing more?" Shinobu questioned, curling up a smile. 

"What do you mean by nothing more?" Kie asked, giving a slight glare at Shinobu. "You seem to like him a lot." Mizue muttered as her hand clutched onto her cup, just hearing about Asahito was a pain for her. "I do but-" Kie was interrupted by Mizue who choked on her tea.