Chapter Six

"Rengoku Kyoujuro! Shinguji Mizue! You are to go to the Mugen Train this instant! CAW CAW!" A crow squawked from the entrance of the door since the room they were in did not have a single window in it. "Oh? What's this?" Mizue found a box signed by Muichiro beside her. There was no note, just his name.

Mizue opened the box's door one by one to see a swordsman's clothing and a scrap of paper with writing. "Mizue, borrow these clothes. I think you can fit in them." The note read. Mizue proceeded to get out of bed and turned around to the sight of Rengoku sleeping.

"Rengoku! You have to get up!" Mizue pulled down the blankets and her face turned panicked and horrified. He's dead. Blood dripped from Rengoku's hair and mouth onto the floor slowly and Mizue started to sweat.

"Mizue? How could you?" Muichiro scolded. She turned her head to see Muichiro standing there as if she was the one who killed Rengoku. The sound of blood dripping felt sickening. It hurt. What hurt even more was to see Muichiro cry. Tears fell down his cheek from his aqua eyes. He gave a disgusted and sad expression.

"Mizue, get up!" Rengoku yelled. "We're gonna miss the train!" Rengoku said, poking at the sleeping Mizue. She woke up to the sight of Rengoku's pokes. "He's not dead... Thank goodness.." Mizue sighed in relief to think about what she just dreamt about. "Get dressed quickly! Otherwise we'll be seriously late!" Rengoku warned, leaving the room for Mizue to change.

"O-okay!" Mizue looked at the box beside her. It was the same one in her dreams. She opened it exactly the way she did in her dream. The same clothes appeared folded in a similar way. Mizue started to put the clothes on as if she were training.

Mizue rushed out to follow Rengoku to the train. "Are you guys going already?" Muichiro asked, giving a depressed look, like he wanted Mizue to stay at any cost. "Don't worry, we'll be back soon! I promise." Mizue smiled, kneeling down to his height to pat him.

Muichiro waved goodbye to them as both Mizue and Rengoku exited his household. Mizue looked back and gave a warm smile and waved back to him before closing the door. "Alright! So it turns out we'll be pretty early, so I brought food for us on the train!" Rengoku smiled. "Thank you, it's really sweet of you to do that!" Mizue complimented, as they both walked down the path of the hill.

The foggy mist started to appear again, so Mizue grabbed tightly onto Rengoku's haori. Rengoku looked back to feel the tug on his haori. Although he didn't mind it, he chuckled a bit and Mizue found it odd. It was hard to see in the mist, but Mizue saw Rengoku's yellow and red eyes light up with hope. She found that even weirder.

The misty path started to get clearer as they both spotted something pink at the end of the road. Getting closer, it turned pink and green as it shaped more into a figure. "Kanroji! We were just heading off to the train!" Rengoku declared. Mizue smiled at Mitsuri as she did not know it was her in the first place.

"Oh! Good luck to you two!" They bid their farewells and turned to the right of the path. The road was quiet. Nothing but birds chirping, footsteps and rustling through the bushes. "Oh, I forgot to give you something!" Rengoku pulled out a sword from the back of his uniform, under his haori.

"You'll need it on the train!" Rengoku explained, handing her the light katana she now wielded. She took off the covering and soon enough, the blade started to turn a dark purple colour. Rengoku didn't notice her taking off the sheet, so she put it back quickly without him noticing.

"After we're outside of the headquarters, we just need to head north and we'll be at the train station!" Rengoku informed. "Train station?" Mizue had only heard about trains, even as a child she'd never seen one in person. "Yep!" Rengoku nodded.