Next Phase (1)

Beginne am Anfang

As greedy as she was, the thought of climbing higher than this, changing God's position never crossed her mind. She, after all, grew up with people teaching her to lay her life for God, to fear him and love him – other than that, how can she, a mere mortal, hope to change his position?

«–★–»

Affection, fear, respect, and obedience. Amon was feeling all this coming from Tsumi. Ah, how much he loved his cult, they were perfect for everything.

Dragging the dead body of Shiki by his collar with one hand, and grabbing his steer-wheel head with another, Amon teleported inside the building, above everyone as he observed the fight for a second, before yelling, "Everyone, time's up."

Everyone paused. Amon's people paused hearing his order, and Shiki's people paused seeing the... beheaded man in Amon's hands. They gulped lightly as their eyes enlarged.

"S- Sir...!!" Indigo, who was beaten by Urouge and made floor ridden, yelled. "You bastard, you killed him! You scoundrel!"

He tried to get up, tried to launch himself at Amon, but Tsumi came and stepped on his head, making him fall face first.

"Kami-sama, do I kill him?" Tsumi asked softly, smiling ever so slightly, making Amon smile too.

"No need. Tie him up. He is a great scientist, he has his uses." Tsumi immediately nodded at his suggestion and karate chopped Indigo in his neck, making him go unconscious.

Seeing this, every enemy man stiffened in their position. Amon glanced at them. They can be useful, but he needed to do a cleanup. Some of them were very loyal to Shiki.

Sensing their current emotional state with his Observation Haki, Amon confirmed that around 80% of the people here are forced by Shiki to work for him. The remaining people work for him out of sheer loyalty.

'Well... killing them won't be tough.' Amon dropped Shiki's body on the floor, angering some soldiers, but before they could react, Amon moved. He grabbed his sword and moved at Lightning speed, slashing them on their neck and beheading 20% of people that were alive after the fight with Sins.

Pccht~

With a high pitched sound, bodies and bodies started to drop to the ground, their heads separated and blood filling the room, splattering everyone's dresses. The remaining people gasped in fright.

Sheathing his sword, Amon looked at their faces. "First of all, this wasn't a random kill. I can feel who was loyal and who was not and killed the loyal ones. You guys were forced by him? " Amon pointed at Shiki's corpse. Everyone nodded. "I know, no need to worry. That's why I let you live."

He rose in the air, floating a few meters above everyone. "You have two choices, one – join me. Two – leave, I won't kill you if you choose to leave, I don't kill people as long as they're not my enemy." Amon lied.

Everyone stiffened, considering if he would really let them go. Amon wasn't completely lying, he didn't need people who would work half-heartedly, people who might betray him, so he wasn't quite with the idea of having everyone here work for him. Though he was confident, many would choose the first option. First of all, he killed their worst enemy, and second, they didn't have a place to go back.

Amon smiled amicably. "Just a heads up, my people get the best treatment." Because the happier an employee is, the harder they would work. "You'd be treated like nobles, of course – considering you act like one."

«–★–»

Meanwhile, Honey Queen was busy whistling in awe, observing the fight that was taking place in front of her.

Cling!

Three blades confronted a small knife, Hawkeye Mihawk skillfully blocked all of Zoro's attacks.

'Damn.' Honey Queen was awed. She stood a few meters away, in Barite's ship. 'So this is the world's best swordsman... can Amon beat this guy? He... who am I kidding, that monster would probably one-shot him.' Honey Queen sighed.

The Straw Hats had come here to recruit a cook, and after a series of coincidences, they confronted the world's best swordsman, Hawkeye Mihawk. Honey Queen was scared shit, grabbing her dial to call Amon for any emergency, but luckily, it seemed things were under control... well, except for the part where Zoro is fighting a life-and-death battle.

Honey Queen felt her body cool down. She felt a sense of security realising Amon can come any time and one-shot Mihawk, saving her life if Mihawk suddenly went berserk. He would protect her if she gets in the danger zone of people like Mihawk. Probably.

Falling on her butt as Hawkeye slashed Zoro's chest, Honey Queen dazed off. 'But I have to say... this Zoro guy is cool.'

**

**

**