29 | living underwater

— 4 months afterwards —

Hanee stared out the window, watching the birds fly accompanied by the marching clouds .

She really misses to go out and enjoy the fresh water and sunlight but her circumstances do not allow it .

She has been in the hospital for almost three months. She’s sick of medical check-ups, medications and various needles poking her .

"Do you feel better?"  Heeseung approached Hanee with a pastry box.  He placed the pastry box on the table and gently stroked Hanee's hair .

Hanee hummed ,
"Where did you go? "

"To find you this"
Heeseung grinned proudly while showing the pastry box to Hanee .

Hanee's lips formed a smile , tears suddenly dripped from her eyes and flowed down her cheeks .

"Thank you, Heeseung. Thank you for taking care of me even though I feel like a burden"

Heeseung softly smiled ,
" You don't have to be thankful.  Aren't you my lovely little sister ?"

He pinched Hanee's nose as both of them chuckled.  Heeseung treats and takes care of Hanee as if Hanee is his little sister .

They managed to spend a month, walking around interesting places in Seoul.  Heeseung also took Hanee and his family to Jeju Island for a four -day three -night vacation.  They all spend precious time together .

Hanee's face then changed when she felt something sting in her heart.  It is very painful .

She frowned as her right hand reached for her chest , hoping the pains will disappear .

Heeseung lowered his gaze, he saw Hanee languishing every day and it made Heeseung's heart torn .

But he forces his lips to smile, Heeseung holds Hanee's shoulder and squeeze it "Promise me that you will be healed"

Hanee weakly nodded ,
"I also want to live. There are still a lot of things I haven't done"

"If you recover, I will take you to Jeju again" Heeseung said, trying to cheer up and at the same time give Hanee light to survive .

Hanee's eyes lit up , she extended her pinky finger to Heeseung .
"Promise ?"

Heeseung laughed as he connected their fingers together ,
"Promise"

He ruffled Hanee's hair and laugh at her cute action . Just as Haru is a good older sister to Hanee, Heeseung also wants to be a good older brother to Hanee .

He wants to take care of Hanee, continuing what Haru left behind . Heeseung knows that Haru really loves Hanee .

"Heeseung ..."
Hanee snapped Heeseung from his deep thought . Heeseung hummed as response , waiting for Hanee to talk .

"Let's say I meet Haru , do you have a message that I want to convey to Haru ?"

Heeseung's smile dropped as his heart sink hearing that kind of words from Hanee . He began to feel uneasy .

"Why do you say the impossible"

Hanee bit her bottom lips ,
"I feel like she is very close to me now"

She changed her gaze outside the window again "I think she's waiting for me"

Heeseung shut his mouth , if he speaks, his tears may fall . He doesn't want to look weak in front of Hanee, he wants to be a cheerful person so Hanee will feel happy throughout the treatment .