Chapter 34

Nathan Aldridge's POV

"Nathan, who is it?" I heard Martha asked from the living room.

"I guess she's here then," John said. He smirked again.

What's with the smirk anyway?

"Bad timing, mister." I said.

"Really? Sorry if I interupt your cuddling session, but I need to talk to my sister."

"Nathan, what took you so lon--" I turned around and I saw Martha standing behind me. Her pale face looked suprise as she saw her twin outside the front door.

"Oh. Its you." She said and approach me.

She stood besides me and hug my hand.

"What do you want?" She asked John.

"We need to talk. There's some--"

"There's nothing to talk about." She cut him.

"Yes, there is." His hand slip into his pocket and took out a recorder.

Recorder?

"This is what we're gonna talk about." He showed Martha the recorder.

"What is that?" She asked.

"Its a recorder, genius."

"I know it's a freaking recorder, but what about it?"

"Let's just say some more dirty little secret in it."

I widened my eyes in suprise. I turned to Martha who's suprised as much as I am. More? More dirty little secret? What is it now? Is Martha being the unwanted child is not enough?

Martha let him in walked towards the living. Speaking of, is her period cramp gone now? Because she looked fine. Just her face is bit pale. John seat across us in the living.

"You trust him?" He asked Martha. He was indicating about me.

"Of course."

"Okay, then. Let's start."

John pressed the play button on the recorder.

********

"Excuse me for sec," Martha said and got up from the couch.

I can't imagine how she felt right now. I can't believe what I just heard. I'm speechless. How would I feel if I just know that my dead father was murdered by some gold digging woman? How would I feel if I had hated my father all these years thinking that he left me without anything? Oh god. Poor Martha. I don't know how she felt right now.

"I'd take that you're her boyfriend then," John breaks the silence between us.

I gave him a simple nod and a smile. Him too. He just knew his step mom killed his father. He just knew he had a twin sister who was supposed to grew up with him. How would that feel?

"How long?" He asked.

"Several weeks." I replied.

His eyes widened in suprise.

"I thought it was years, since she trusted you so much."

I chuckle.

"The only thing that took years is me waiting for her."

Wait for her? I'm the one who went to europe to get a break after she dumped me.

"Oh wow. You waited that long?"

"Yeah. She's worth it."

"Nathan..." It's Martha. From the kitchen.

I stood up and ran to the kitchen. Her body was curling on the floor. Her hands were on her stomach. I forgot. The period pain. Damn it. I kneeled beside her and pick her up into my arms.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Obviously not, why do I always asks stupid question?

"Is she alright?" John asked. Standing behind me.

"It's a period pain. Can you make some green tea?" I stood up and turn around.

"Yeah, sure." I nodded and walked pass him.

I headed towards her room. I heard her voice grunting. Gosh is it that bad? Lily had this thing but never this bad. I entered her bedroom and walk towards her bed. I put her gently on her bed.

"You okay? Are you sure you don't want the pills?" I asked her. She was squeezing her eyes and her hand were on her lower abnominal.

"It, it was ne-never this bad." She replied.

"Here," John entred the room and handed me the mug.

I reached the mug and sit at the edge of the bed.

"Here you go," Martha took the mug from my hand and drink it slowly as she got into a sitting position.

"Are you sure she's in period pain?" John asked.

"Yeah, why?" I replied. Martha handed me the empty mug and lay back on the bed. She looked better. I guess.

"I don't know, don't you think this is a little too much for period pain?"

I turn my face to him and he raised his eyebrows. He's right. I place my palm on Martha's forehead.

Oh lord she's burning. I started to touch the other part of her skin.

"Sweetheart, you're burning up." Martha didn't respond.

She's sleeping I guess.

"I'll go get the car ready, we're going to the hospital." John said from behind me.

I nodded and watched John walk out of the room.

I turned back to Martha. I picked her up and she still asleep.

"It's okay, honey. You'll be fine. I promise."

******

Johnathan Hunt's POV

"How is she?" Nathan asked the doctor as he got out from the treatment room.

"Are you her family member?" He asked.

"I am. I'm her brother."

"Okay, Mr. Hunt, your sister is fine. It's just her period pain and some tension and stress. She's also hadn't been eating well."

Hadn't eating well? What did he meant by that?

"What do you mean she hasn't been eating well?" Nathan asked the doctor.
"We did some test on her glucose level, and it was really low. When the period comes, it took most of her energy. That's why she's so weak right now. She's also is under a big stress and pressure. She thinks too much. We might want to hold her for a several days here, monitor her eating and meals until she can get back on her feet." The doctor said and excuse himself.

What the hell is happening right now? How can this possibly happen? Does these things about the press has been bothering her lately? Not to mention the fact that our dad was murdered.

"John," Nathan called.

"What?" I asked.

"I need to get Martha's mom, her car broke down."

"Yeah, sure. I'll wait for her." I said and Nathan leave.

I walked towards Martha's ward and stood outside the room. I looked at the through the glass window. She is still unconscious. She looked so weak. I might've known her for less than a month, but I felt like I can feel the pain. Well, she is my twin sister after all.

I let out a big sigh. I ran my hand in my hair. A few weeks ago, things were well. She was well. Now, she's lying on a bed ib hospital.

"That bitch!" I shouted.

"Bitch or not, she's still the woman that take care of you, young man." I heard a man's voice from behind.

When I turned around, there's a adult man, older than me, he could be probably dad's age. His face is so familiar. I've seen him somewhere. I widened my eyes as I realized it. Could it be? The man smirked as he saw my shocked face. He can't be. He died. He was murdered in accident.