Chapter 7

Martha Hunt's POV

I stop my car in front of the house. I grab my phone and call mother. I texted her to get ready for Karlie's dinner. After a few rings, mother pick up.

"Hey, Ma, I'm in the car outside the house. You ready?"

"Honey, aren't you going to change?"

"No Ma. We're kinda late. I'll be fine. It's just Kloss' though."

"Okay." She hang up. A few seconds later, she step in the car.

After fifteen minutes driving, we arrived ar Kloss'. Karlie's house was almost same as mine. She lives with her mom and brother. Supposedly. Her brother always go on a business trip. I don't even know if he even sleep in this house again.

"Martha! I miss you so much." Karlie greeted me and hug me as me and mother enter her house. I walk towards Mrs. Kloss and give her a hug.

"How are you doing, Mrs. Kloss?"

"I'm fine. The boys at the cafe missed you." We laugh. Then I saw Elsa coming out of the bathroom.

"Hey! I thought you didn't made it."

"El you got me. I know I'm busy but family is family okay?" Yup these are my family. They been with me through ups and downs. I love them so much.

"By the way, John says hi." Elsa says while we made our way to the dining.

"John? What John?" I'm confused.

"Come on Martha, John, the one we met at Coffee And More? The one who greeted us."

"OH that John. Hey I wasn't properly introduced. That doesn't count."

"What John?" Karlie interrupted. I almost forgot she was there.

"Elsa's friend." I replied. The three of us is in the dining while mother and Mrs. Kloss are in the kitchen.

"Is he hot?" Karlie asks while she's arranging the dining table. I chuckled. Then I realize Karlie was waiting for my answer.

"Why are you asking me? He's Elsa's friend, not mine."

"Yeah, I know. Elsa says everyone's hot. She even says my brother is hot." I laugh out loud.

"Karlie, your brother IS hot. No denial in that." It's true. Karlie's brother, Cameron. He is hot.

"Whatever, my point is, if you says someone's hot, her must be super hot." Karlie replied.

"What? Why do you say that?" I chuckled.

"You mean like you always take pictures of hot sexy men with abs and nice chest and you never drooled over them?" Elsa said.

"Hey! I'm offended."

"Come on Martha, is he hot?" Karlie asks again.

I remember his face, dark red hair, which was rare, emerald green eyes. There was something about him but I can't see what it is. I'm not attracted to him, but it's just something. Maybe because he has the same hair and eyes color like mine.

"He's, ... fine."

Doutzen Kròs' POV

"How's Martha?" Karmen Kloss asks me.

Karmen is like the only friend I ever had.

I am an introvert person. Being the editor of the most glamorous fashion magazine made me workaholic. I had no time to make friends. My social status was lame. Then I met Ethan. Martha's father. He came into my life and made me feel like the happiest person on earth.

I fell in love with him and agreed to marry him when he proposed me. I love Martha so much since the first time I met her when she was just a little baby. But after marriage, Ethan started to change. He's been out and came back every two or three weeks. I have to bring Martha every where I went. To the office, the meeting. Everything. Martha's been exposed to my line of work since she was little. No wonder how she become so fascinated in these works.

A few years later, Ethan died. That night, I found out who Ethan really is. The bastard I married was a pathetic liar. Henjust wanted me to take care of his unwanted child. He should just give Martha to me without marrying me. I will take care of her. Martha was an innocent child. She doesn't deserve all this. So I decided to keep it hidden. Martha's real identity.

A few years after that night was my moments of weakness. I cried almost evey night. And that was when Karmen came in. She took care of Martha while I was working. She gave me support when I needed. She was like an older sister I never had.

"She's been fine. Although I think she's still stuck with Aldridge." I replied.

"Aldridge? Her three weeks boyfriend? Why do you say that? I thought she had no feelings for him." Karmen said.

"I found his pictures from three years ago in her camera. You know, Martha's last job before she quits." Karmen handed me a bottle of white champagne. Ah, it's been a long time since I drank. Martha's allergic to it. I can't drink in the house.

"Oh dear. She's really stuck then. How bout you? How have you been holding up?" Karmen pour the white champagne into two champagne glasses.

"Fine. I'm okay." I reach for the glass as Karmen handed me one.

"Does she know?" I take a sip of the white champagne.

"Know what?" I look at Karmen.

"That Martha has a twin brother who currently running the Hunt Enterprise."

"No. She doesn't." I take a sip of white champagne.

"You're planning on telling her?"

"No." I avoid making eye contact with her.

"Ma, dining is ready." Suddenly Martha enter the kitchen. I hope she wasn't listening to our conversation earlier.

"Yes, honey. We'll be there." She gave me a warm smile and exit the kitchen.

Martha Hunt's POV

After dinner, Karlie, Elsa and I had a little small chat. Karlie was so excited to get back to her job.

"So, Martha, how are you? Did you get a good settle in your job back?" Karlie asked.

"Suprisingly yes. I don't even know I could do it."

Yeah, except if I have to set a photoshoot with the Aldridge for next issue. Urgh I hate my life.

"You know that you zoned out a couple of times tonight right?" Karlie snapped me out of my thoughts. I did? I didn't even realize that.

"She won't tell you, trust me Karlie. You know what suprise me? John was just like you. Secretive." Elsa said. Really?

"Really? The John that Martha's said was okay?" Karlie asked curiously.

"Yup. That John."

Okay this is a hell of a coincidence. Same hair. Same eyes. Same attitude? Really? Wow.