Chapter 33

Nathan Aldridge's POV

"How long have you guys been together?" Mom asked me.

I was doing gardening with her in her garden. It's been two days since my first date with Martha. She's been busy with the next issue of Vogue. The news never quit on getting some words and explaination from Martha and John. Also her step mom.

Mom was spraying some type of liquid to the flowers. I don't really know what she was doing, but I helped her watering the plants instead.

"Um, actually yesterday was our first date." I replied.

Mom widened her eyes in disbelief.

"What? What took you so long?" I hear mom chuckled a bit.

I clicked my tongue. "Well, it's a long story."

"Try me."

"Um, technically I kinda blackmailed her to dating me, instead of asking."

"Nathan! Why did you do that?" Mom pinched my arm making me jumped a bit.

"I don't know, she was so beautiful and innocent and young, I can't help it. I can't wait on getting closer to her and all those crap."

"Crap? Okay, whatever. That was all in the past, what happened?"

"Well, I dated her for three weeks, then she dumped me."

Mom let out a big laugh. She even put her arm on her stomach.

"Oh god, Nate, she was the first ever, dumped you, is it? Wait, you said three weeks, you just got here less than two weeks."

Oh I forgot to tell her.

"Yeah, that was three years ago. Before I left to Europe."

Her eyes widened again. I gave her a fake smile, showing my teeth, trying to make this conversation less serious.

"You waited for her that long? Lord, she must've bewitching you."

"I think she did." I continue watering the plants.

"Are you serious with her?"

I turnd my gaze to her. She looked at me, waiting for an answer. Of course I am. I can't have a long term relationship any more. I waited 3 years, trying to get her out of my mind. While I was in europe, all I was thinking was her. It was only a three weeks date. But it felt more. I thought three years would make me forget her but it didn't. So I decided to come home. If I didn't bumped into her at Alex's interview, I would've search for her.

"Yes. I think I am."

"Does she knows that?" Good question, mom. I don't know.

"I don't know, I gave her some hints but I don't know if she get it."

"Well, give her a bigger hint then, Nate. You were once an expert on getting girls."

"I know, but I don't know if she wants this. It's kinda too early, you know. For her."

"I bet she does. I've seen how she looked to you. Like you were a precious gem that she's been looking for and she would never let you go."

"She did?"

"Yes, Nate. Since when did you lose your charm, my son?"

I laughed.

"I didn't. Trust me, I didn't."

"I have an idea. Bring her to the dinner this weekend. Your father's going to be there."

"I thought it was next month."