Chapter 12

Present

Martha Hunt's POV

I scrolled down the screen. I was looking at Alexander Aldridge's photos on the internet. I also took a look at his profile. Seems like he's already the CEO of Aldridge Enterpise since three days ago. The tabloid was fire up with his photos and his family photos. There were also a lots of Lily's and Nathan's modelling photos since they also an Aldridge.

I let out a heavy sigh. I couldn't help but to read the news and article about Nathan. Looks like he's been busy. The tabloid also said that Nathan's haven't come back to New York since three years ago. Since the last time I saw him. The last time I saw him was when I said no to him.

"Martha, our photoshoot, have you set the date? I need to inform Mr. Aldridge." Olivia asked, pulling me out of my owm thoughts.

"Um, yeah. I did. It's two days from today." I answered her. Olivia nodded and walk towards her desk.

Luckily Alexander never met me. He wouldn't even recognise me. I look at my watch and it's already 5. I need to go shopping for new things. It's been a long time since I bought myself new clothes.

I grabbed my bag and my phone then I shove it into my bag. I fix my into a messy bun since I'm already off work. I walk towards mother's office. I push the door open, and saw mother is doing her work. She looked so focus like not even the apocalyps can distract her. I knock on the door.

"Ma, I'm off to the mall. Wanna join?" Mother lift her face to me.

"Em, no, I don't think so, honey. There's a lot of article to be edited."

"Okay, you need some help?" I asked eventhough I know there is none I can help.

"No thank you, honey. Have fun."

"You want me to buy anything for you?"

"Um, no. Yeah. Nothing honey. Have fun."

*********

I enter a clothing store. I walk around the store to find something for myself. My eyes caught a dark red sweatshirt. I love sweatshirt. Almost all of my clothes inf my closet are sweatshirts. It's color is same as my hair. I let out a small chuckle. Suddenly I caught a figure staring at me. I turn my face to that figure and wait, is that, Alexander Aldridge?

He was smirking at me. Unbelievable. Alexander approach towards me as he caught me staring at him back. I stare at him awkwardly as he approach me. He was wearing casual clothing. Wait, does he know me? Why is he smirking at me? Why is he approaching me?

He stopped when he reach an inch distance from me. It's so close and I can smell his scent. I gulped nervously and look at him. What the hell does he want?

"Can I help you?"

"No. But I think I can."

"Excuse me?"

"You dropped this." He showed me a necklace. Oh my, that's mine! The ones with mother's ring.

"Oh, thank you so much." I snatch the necklace from him and try to put it on my neck.

"Here, let me help you," He suddenly snatch the necklace back and asked me to turn around. He put on the necklace perfectly on my neck.

"Thank you, but how do you know it's mine?" I asked curiously.

"I saw you wore it once." He saw me?

"You know me?"

"Martha, right? Martha Hunt. English lit class. Ring a bell?" Yeah I took english lit but I didn't recall he was in the class.