Chapter 25

Nathan Aldridge's POV

Life is boring. I mean my life is boring. I've been in modelling career for amost ten years now. Ten years without a break. Now, I'm taking a break. And it's pretty boring. All I do was wake up, work out, shower, breakfast, watch tv or visit mom or have a walk at the mall. Mom. Speaking of mom. How could she wanted a marriage for me? I mean come on, I'm 29. Not that old.

She wants a daughter-in-law you idiot.

Fine. Well I can bring a date the dinner though. I grinned widely. Recalling that night.

"Martha Hunt," I paused.

"Will you go out with me?" I resumed.

I can't hold it anymore. I'm not holding back again. Martha was staring into my eyes deeply. It's that look again. The I-can't-date-you look. No. Not this time sweetheart. I'm not letting you go.

"I-I don't know, Nathan." Don't know? Well that's better. I was expecting worse.

"I never been in these dating things, Nathan." She paused.

"Look at three years ago, I broke your kind heart, Nathan. I-I don't kno--"

"Shhh." I said and put my index finger to her dry lips.

"I know. I know, sweetheart. I know." I paused.

"Give us a chance. It doesn't matter what happened." I caressed her cheek.

"What matters is now. You let me to take care of you, that was an improvement, sweetie."

"Nathan, I like you. I admit it. But, what if I hurt you, again? I can't risk that again. I-I'm sorry, Nathan. For hurting you. I can't sleep at night since that night. Your expression that night keep haunting me. I don't want that,"

It did? I did?

"Shh, Martha, honey. You won't. I know you won't. Give us a chance. Give yourself a chance. Hm? "

Now I know. She's scared. Of me. Getting hurt. How sweet.

"I'm scared, Nathan. I'm scared if--"

"I know, I know. I understand. Try. Try in us. I'll be here all along with you. I'm not expecting anything, sweetheart. Just follow the flow. I'm here. Do you trust me?"

"It's not you, Nathan. It's me. I'm the one who will mess this all up. I can't trust myself."

"That's why I'm here. I'll help you."

She keep quiet. Her silence is making me nervous. No, or yes? No or yes? God.

"Yes." She paused. Wait what? Did I hear it righ--

"Yes, Nathan. I'll go out with you." She gave me a smile.

A sincere smile already made my heart flattered. I'm so childish. But her answer made my heart jump up and down like crazy. I can't help it but to give her a quick kiss on her lips. Making her face blush and turned red.

"Thank you, sweetheart." I hugged her tightly. She hugged me back.

She's changed. A lot. She's giving chance to me and herself. To us.

Ding. My doorbell rang. Snapped me out of my thoughts. It's evening already. I thought I want to take Martha out. For a drink or something. I walked towards the door and opened the door.

"Martha?" I didn't expect her to come to my aparment.

"Can I-I come in?" Her voice sounds different. It was shaking.