Chapter-21

THE PROPOSAL type-1

Y/N's POV

Who could have predicted it? Definitely not me.

All my thoughts were too focused on the information that Choi Binna was Lia unnie's elder sister to focus on the cake slice in front of me. I must say that my mood was completely ruined now. I wished that I had the courage to expose her to Lia unnie. But I couldn't, instead, I pretended that I didn't know her at all. I don't it if was I was protecting them or harming them by hiding this from them.

Thank God, Ryujin and Yuna unnie came to get me. It seemed everyone in itzy was close to her. I don't think they even know about her real attitude. The 'her' in their mind is different from mine.

How will they react if they come to know about what I do? At first, I thought it was only about me. But now, aren't they stuck between me and Binna-ssi?

It's not about who is right or wrong anymore. But one thing is for sure, that I am going to disappoint many.

Time skip

Thanks to Yeji unnie, I could get away from there early. She agreed to cover for me almost immediately after I told her that I was going to double-check the plan.

So, here I am. Sitting in the cold sand, by the sea. The waves crashing against the shore were the only thing I could hear.

I couldn't stop the tears as I thought of the past few days. I just let them flow silently.

My alarm rang signalling that it was almost time that Yeji unnie would be here. I dusted myself and walked to the hotel that I saw on my way here. I messaged Chaeryeong, Ryujin, and Yuna unnie and switched my phone off.

I got the room pretty fast and it is clean and not cramped.

I laid on the bed, feeling how soft and fluffy the bedsheet was. Pretty exhausted from all the events today, I fell asleep soon.

Narrator's POV

On the other hand, Yeji had brought Lia to the beach. She was just as surprised as Lia.

Yeji thought, 'did she do this all for me?'

Yeji and Lia had dinner. Except for the sand flying all over, everything else was going just as planned.

The cool breeze, the lights, and the sounds of waves. But it all wasn't complete if they weren't there with the person they like.

Yeji was trying to speak up but she was really nervous. A million 'what if?' questions through her mind. That what-if Lia rejected her? What if this conversation made them awkward? What if her confession made them drift apart? She did not want to risk their relationship. Was she being selfish for trying to confess her feeling now? Maybe.

It was now or never.

Yeji grabbed Lia's hand, making Lia turn to her in concern.

"Is something wrong?"