Chapter-19

THE PAST

Ah reum POV

[Trigger Warning: mentions of suicide and descriptions of blood & bleeding]

Flashback

I am bored. I should just watch the T.V.

Mindlessly I was changing channels as I thought about Y/N. It is already our fourth year. I met her when she was 12 years. I sometimes wonder what would have happened had Y/N's mother not found out about me and mom? But I guess this is for the better. Even though mom has changed, I have Y/N now.

Now, that I mention it, she is jumping classes like crazy. We are only 4 months apart and supposed to be in the same class but she will be at university soon. She even got a scholarship but she is still earning money day and night. I am afraid she will overwork herself. She already has all these shifts and now, she is looking for more.

 She already has all these shifts and now, she is looking for more

Wait, that painting looks familiar. But it says that this is exclusive. They are probably airing this for the first time but where have I seen this before?

Hmm.........

Ah! I saw a painting like this in Y/N's room. Did she recreate this one shown on T.V.? oh my god. She is definitely improving. I really wish that she had become an artist instead, but it's a pity that painting is only her hobby.

I got up, switched off the T.V., and went to her room. I cannot find the painting. Where could it be? I am sure it was here.

I have turned half of the room upside down but I still can't find it. If mom saw this, she is going to skin me alive but, my priority was to find that pretty painting.

As time is passing by, I losing hope that I would find it. I should just wait until Y/N comes home. Just as I thought that I heard the door open and close.

As soon as she came into the room, I nearly pounced on her. Phew, Thank God. I broke nothing. She looks like she doesn't want me here. It must be my imagination.

"Ah reum-ah, what are you doing here?", she asked.

I sighed before answering, "how many times do I have to tell you to call me unnie?"

She huffed in annoyance as she replied, "ugh. It was a 1-time thing. I shouldn't have told you that you are like an unnie to me."

She was so cute. I couldn't help but pinch her cheeks.

"Fine. UNNIE, now, what were you doing here?", she asked as she removed my hands from her cheeks.

I answered as I looked around, "I am trying to find a painting."

"Why?"

"I saw one on T.V. exactly like yours. I told you, you have talent. So, where is it?