Chapter 7: Currents

Ethan says, "I know you're not gonna believe me, but I didn't do anything." Scott says, "All I know is that the minute that you got here, you went right for Danny and your brother went for Lydia and...Liv." Ethan sighs and says, "You know he wanted to be with Liv, but he saw how you felt about her, that's why he went with Lydia. Although she did say they could be friends and Aiden still may want to be with her. Scott scoffs and says, "Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Ethan says, "Look, we're not gonna hurt him." Scott says, "Why should I believe you?" Ethan says, "Because we knew one of them was gonna be important to you, and now we know it's Liv." Scott's fist tightens when he mentions Liv.

" Scott's fist tightens when he mentions Liv

The next day, Liv has a free period and is in her room, when she notices moths outside her window

The next day, Liv has a free period and is in her room, when she notices moths outside her window. Liv calls Scott and Scott answers, "Hey, Liv. Sorry , I'm in class right now. Can I call you back later?" Liv shakily says, "No, Scott. I...I never thought I would be in this position, but since I'm consider a healer, I'm going to be taken. Scott I need you to find me, you're the only who can." The phone disconnects and Scott worriedly says, "Liv, Liv, Liv, Liv? What's happening?" Scott rushes to Liv's room to find the sheriff. Scott says, "How did you know?" The sheriff says, "Stiles called me as soon as you left school. I'm sorry, Liv's gone. I don't why these bad things always happen to her. I'm getting worried. Scott...I need you to tell me everything." Scott tells the sheriff what happened and leaving some parts out. The sheriff says, "All right, we're going to find her. I know as her boyfriend, you really worried for her safety, but right now the best thing you could do is go back to school and to let me handle finding her." Meanwhile, Liv opens her eyes and feels her arms tied and she's hanging. Her wrists burn and she notices she's surrounded by mountain ash in the same vault. Liv weakly says, "Great, just great. I'm surrounded by freaking mountain ash. Knowing Scott he'll try his best to push through."  Liv is sweating and Scott's on his way to save her. Scott runs into the vault to see Liv weakly hanging. Liv watches Scott try to break through the mountain ash. Liv gasps when she sees Scott's eyes turn red. Scott then bounces off the mountain ash and the sheriff says, "Scott! Let me give it a shot." The sheriff shoots the rope and Liv drops to the floor. The sheriff unties his daughter and brings her in for a big hug and Liv softly says, "Okay, dad I know you missed me, but if you hug me any tighter I'll suffocate." Her dad softly laughs and let's go and says, "Sorry sweetheart, I'm just glad your okay." Liv slightly smiles. Her dad says, "Let's get you to a hospital and let Melissa take a look at you." Scott and the sheriff help carry Liv to the hospital. Melissa says, "Okay, Liv, your wrists are a little sore, but other than that you should just get some rest." Melissa and the sheriff step outside to give Liv and Scott some privacy. Scott hugs Liv and says, "Oh god, when you called me I was so worried I wasn't going to find you." Liv pulls away and says, "Scott, your eyes they turned red. Alpha red." Scott says, "How's that possible?" Liv says, "I've heard a story about it, but it's rare. It hasn't happen in over 100 years. A beta can become an Alpha without killing an Alpha or taking its power. It's called a True Alpha. It's someone who can rise up purely on their strength of the character, by virtue, by sheer force of will." Scott says, "How do you know about all this?" Liv softly smiles and says, "Talia Hale told me." Scott says, "Your not the only one." Liv says, "Deucalion isn't after Derek. He's after you." Scott says, "That's why the twins went after Danny, Lydia, and you." Liv frowns and says, "What are you talking about?" Scott says, "The twins wanna get close to you, because it gets to me. Oh, you stay away from Aiden." Liv can hear the jealousy in Scott's voice and says, "He's not gonna harm me." Scott sighs and says, "What if he does?" Liv wraps her arms around Scott and says, "If he does I can handle him, I mean if I hurt one twin it hurts the other." Liv leans up to kiss Scott and Scott wraps his arms around Liv to tighten his hold on her. Stiles runs through the hallway of the hospital after getting a text from his dad that he found Liz. Stiles found her room and sees her smiling happily at Scott. Stiles thinks that the news he's gonna tell her and is going to break her. Liv's door opens and sees her brother and Liv smiles and says, "Stiles." Stiles walks up to Liv and gives her a big hug and Scott can smell Stiles sadness. Scott says, "What happened?" Stiles pulls away from the hug and says, "Uh..." Stiles is struggling and Liv frowns and softly says, "Stiles, what's wrong?" Stiles gulps and says, "Boyd's dead." Scott and Stiles watch Liv's reaction and Liv calmly says, "Who did it?" Stiles explains what happened and Liv softly cries and says, "I'm only 15 and I've experienced so much death in my life. I was kidnapped by the Darach, while Boyd was being killed. I don't think my heart can take anymore death. Derek was right I am broken person, because everyone around me dies and I can't do anything about it. I..." Liv can't finish her sentence and Stiles brings her in for a hug and rubs her back as Liv sobs into his shirt.

The scene with Scott and Allison doesn't happen.