Thirty three

It was a peaceful night. There were no noises aboard the ship as Jimin and Taehyung sat alone on a table, a bottle of wine placed on the small stool between them.

"Tomorrow morning, we'll be stopping at a town to get some supplies" Taehyung murmured.

Jimin looked closely at him and noticed that he had a faraway look in his eyes.

"Tae, what's wrong?"

His husband shrugged.

"Nothing...I just have a bad feeling"

He forced a smile on his face. "Nothing.... it's fine" He whispered.

Jimin nodded his head. He wasn't convinced that Taehyung was fine but they were only knowing each other more deeply now and he could just tell from Taehyung's expressions when he wasn't intent on continuing a conversation. The best thing was not to press him or he would shut himself off completely.

Jimin learned about this side of Taehyung when a crew member's mother died. According to Jin, the woman was very nice to him. She had suffered painfully from Cancer for so many years. It hit Taehyung quite hard when the news of her death reached him. He shut down completely and Jimin had to understand that this was his personality. It didn't mean he didn't want to be with him, he just needed time to himself.

When he got over it, he was his usual bustly self. He instantly demanded for food and kept hugging and kissing Jimin when he so much as laid his hands on him.

So now, Jimin simply sighed and decided to be patient. He cleared his throat.

"Taehyung, I wanted to discuss with you about Yeontan"

"What do you think about him?"

Taehyung nodded his head. "He's a good boy. A little too playful. But a good boy...Why do you ask?"

Jimin was very careful with bringing this topic to Taehyung. Being a guardian was one thing but raising a child was totally different. He swallowed hard

"I want to adopt him"

Taehyung was silent. Jimin continued.

"I think Yeontan needs a family. I will like to give him one. I want him to have a root. Somewhere he can call home"

Taehyung chuckled.

"I see you've grown very fond of him"

Jimin laughed. "Don't deny you aren't fond of him too"

Taehyung nodded in agreement and then sighed looking more serious.

"Are you sure about this Jimin? This comes with a whole lot of responsibility"

Jimin breathed heavily. "I've actually thought a lot about it. If I could adopt all the less privileged children in the world...I would"

"Oh... my saint Jiminie" Taehyung said grabbing Jimin's chin and smiling at him fondly.

"You're really so selfless"

Jimin pouted and pushed his hand away.

"I'm serious Tae"

Then he smiled warmly.

"I want to do this... I really want to but I want your support. I want you with me"

Taehyung looked him deep in the eyes.

"Then I'm with you... always"

Jimin's eyes flashed with happiness.

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

Jimin was so happy he abandoned his chair and fell on Taehyung's lap, wrapping his arms around his neck and kissing him deeply.