Nine

Jimin stared at himself in the standing mirror as he sprayed his favorite cologne. The door opened and Nanny Ji hye entered wearing a bright smile on her face. She exclaimed excitedly as soon as she saw him.

"You look so handsome. Yoongi is going to be mesmerized once he sees you"

"Do you think so? It's been fifteen years since we last saw. Apart from the pictures, and the gifts we sent each other, we hardly know anything about each other. Do you think he might still like how I look now? I might have added a little weight...."

"You're perfect Jimin..."

She smiled at him and Jimin felt assured by her words. He looked at the ring on his finger and smiled to himself.The entire household was busy readily preparing for the arrival of the Mins that evening. Jeong Hana worked the maids to the bones barking out orders at the top of her lungs. As usual, Jungkook wasn't home. He was busy frolicking with Taehyung so he didn't care about the activities at all.

Jeong Hana called Jungkook's number as they waited for the Mins to arrive. The family sat at the living room area. Jimin was there as well. He had put off his work at the hospital for this singular purpose. He couldn't wait to meet Yoongi again. They had so much to catch up on. He wanted to hold his hand, kiss him, take a stroll and do a lot of couple things before they eventually get married.

"Where is that boy? He should be home by now" Hana complained as she fumbled with her phone. She had called Jungkook countless times but he never picked up.

Mr Park scoffed. "Why are you pushing it? Besides, he isn't really needed at dinner"

Hana simply rolled her eyes extremely dissatisfied.

That evening, the Mins came to the house and they were instantly welcomed. Min Yoongi had become a handsome serious looking man with a polished appearance. He was the perfect gentle man as he greeted the elder couple but he hesitated a bit when he greeted Jimin only flashing him a small smile and looking away quickly.

Jimin sensed immediately that something wasn't right. Yoongi felt distant and when he tried to talk to him, he gave him a brief quickly reply. What's happening?

Before long, the two families sat down to have dinner. They spoke about idle matters. About family and business, things that Jimin wasn't interested in. He was only interested in Yoongi. He tried many times to drift the other's attention to the ring on his finger but he didn't budge. Yoongi didn't even glance at him while he ate his food. He suddenly remembered Jungkook's words

Maybe he's cheating!"

"What? You two haven't seen in like fifteen years and you expect him to what, be a saint waiting for you?"

Jimin was upset and felt like crying but he held himself. He had to hear from Yoongi's own mouth the reason why he was acting so coldly. He shouldn't jump into conclusions.

The parents began to discuss about the wedding and Yoongi immediately interrupted them.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but where's Kookie? I haven't seen him since we came"

Silence.

Jimin watched the other. He looked very curious just by mentioning Jungkook's name.

Hana smiled "Oh Jungkook? He went out but he will be back"

"By this time? Isn't it late?"

Silence. Jimin wondered why Yoongi was worried about Jungkook. They didn't even know each other that well so why all these concern? They suddenly heard a sing song voice and Jungkook appeared in the living room swinging his hand bag from side to side as though he was in a photo shoot.