5

Later on that night, Jungkook tossed and turned in his bed for many hours, thinking of what outcome he would have if he were to fail his tests.

He not only had one test, but also had another major one to finish, and this peculiar test was keeping him up all night, along with the pain in his pulsating black eye that had tears unintentionally streaming down to his neckline.

All that kept him feeling a little hopeful were his friends and his diary. But even his Dorkie couldn't comfort him. After hours of trying to process the questions in his head and thinking of the correct answers, Jungkook's fingers had holes from where his pen was located near.

And not a single paper work was completed from school, only the plain sheets from his diary were slowly filled up with endless thoughts in his distorted mind as his silky raven hair began to drip with beads of sweat.

Soon, those same beads turned into rows of droplets descending from his head onto the pillow as he forced his eyes shut in order to sleep, in spite of the endless tears he cried due to the amount of pain he was in.

"Listen here, kid. If you don't pass that fucking test and come home with an "A", don't bother showing up at all, because you'll regret the day you were born."

"As if I already didn't..."

"What did you say, you little shit?"

"I've always regretted b-b-being born... Because of you! All because of you!"

"Hanjae, don't!! Oh God... Jungkook, are you okay?! Don't ever hurt my son, do you understand m... M.."

"NO, LET GO OF HER! Don't hurt her!!"

"J-Jungkookie, go to your room. Please... Don't look at mommy, sweetie. Just go."

"LET GO OF HER, YOU BASTARD!" By this point, Jungkook had kicked Hanjae in his shin and declared war upon him... A war that ended in him getting beaten and left with a black eye, massive bruises on either side of his arms, and shoe prints on his stomach.

That same morning, Jungkook awoke from his bed, throwing up due to how hard he had been stepped on, and as a result, his mother insisted he shouldn't show up to school today.

But his abusive father's words were what kept him from going to a hospital, so he headed straight to school, after his mother gave him medicine for both pain, and every other sickness he felt.

"Mom.. Before I leave, can I tell you something?" The woman nodded, rubbing Jungkook's back, ever so gently.

"If he lays another hand on you and I'm not home... Call me. I'll come back at any time throughout the day to defend you." His mother, showing no sign of being phased, simply offered her son another embrace.

"Jungkook-ah, I want you to focus hard on your studies, okay? Don't let him get mad... You know how Hanjae gets if you fail your tests, so pay attention at school today and don't worry about me. I'll be okay." After giving him a soft kiss on his bruised cheek, Jungkook's mother dropped him off at school and drove off.

Deep down inside, Jungkook knows he could defend himself and his mother from anyone, especially Hanjae, but the traumatic childhood he's had with his abuser hasn't allowed him to come up with a plan before sinking to his knees out of fear.

"Mom, one day I'll get us out of that house and I'll get revenge on Hanjae. I promise."

~~~

Throughout the rest of his day, Jungkook noticed how two of his best friends, Jimin and Taehyung hadn't shown up to school, so that alone made him feel more upset than he already was.

So, for his lunch break, the boy hid in the library room barely anyone ever visits during lunchtime and decided to skip out on his daily afternoon meal, due to the rumbling and ache he felt within his stomach.

As he sat down at the bottom of the floor to write on his diary, he saw a shadow towering over him.

"So... You eat your lunch here too, huh?" A quiet, older looking boy questioned, tilting his head down to look at Jungkook.

Jungkook smirked, nodding in silence as the green haired male sat down next to him.

"I do too, wanna share?" He offered the boy an egg roll which left Jungkook's stomach rumbling. "Someone seems hungry, I'll take that as a yes." Before the boy could open up his lunch bag, the young, shy boy shook his head continuously.

"Sorry, I can't share my lunch with you." He silently spoke, daring to look up at the older male for a minute, to then look down at his soft, pale hands.

"Eh, it's fine. You can eat some of mine and still have yours too, kid. I just bought too much with me and if I eat this much, I'll suck at soccer afterwards." Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"I don't wanna end up like that kid who ate so much, he ended up regurgitating an entire pile of peanuts on the grass." He continued to explain, earning the younger's trust.

"Thanks... But I didn't bring any lunch today. I never do... So it won't be fair for me to take yours too." Just then, another stomach growl emitted from the poor boy and earned sympathy from the mature looking guy.

"Here," he spoke, handing Jungkook his lunchbox. "Let's share mine then... I don't plan on leaving until you finish every last bite with me, got that?" He smiled, earning a nod from Jungkook who was left no choice but to eat the meal he was offered.

That alone lead him to grow happier inside and joyful.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, w-what's your name?" He cautiously asked, growing to trust in the boy's generosity.

"I'm Yoongi. Min Yoongi. I'm a senior here." Jungkook then bowed to the older boy.

"Nice to meet you, can I call you Yoongi Hyung?"

"Yeah, sure you can." That afternoon, Jungkook became good friends with Yoongi and grew closer to him.

"Good luck on your test, Jungkook. I gotta catch my test too, see you later?" He furrowed his eyebrows, waiting for a response.

"Maybe... Depending on how well I do on my tes-" Just then, his friend Jin peered from behind Yoongi and jumpscared him.

Yoongi, remaining unphased, pretended to be scared and screamed in a very sarcastic tone. "YAH, why didn't you come sit with me during lunchtime? And Jungkookie, I looked everywhere for you too. I was going to introduce you to my friend, but I guess you two already met."

"Yeah... Yoongi hyung is cool, Jin-hyung. See you around, guys!" The three boys parted ways and Jungkook left with a soft smile on his face.

"Jin, I didn't wanna ask this in front of Jungkook... But did you see the massive bruise he has underneath that makeup in his eye?" The boys sighed, Jin looked down at his feet and nodded, sadly.

"His father hits him at home every day. I absolutely hate him, and I've even offered him to move in with us, but he says that cruel bastard would kill him if he were to leave." Yoongi and Jin's heart ached for Jungkook.

"We'll convince him one day. Namjoon is planning on asking him again later on today, let's hope he can convince him."

"Let's hope so..."

~~~