3

// ⚠ QUICK ADVISORY ⚠ This story contains triggering topics such as: child abuse, self harm, angst, physical and emotional abuse, mature Language, age differences, polyamorous relationships.

If the content is too much to take in, then this story might not be for you.

This story is not suited for minors under the age of 15 to read, but I truly can't really stop my reader's curiosity, can I? 👀 I know I should have probably left this disclaimer at the start of this story, but my eagerness to write it was overwhelming me, so I decided that now is definitely an appropriate time to leave this warning out for anyone to read.

With that all being said, enjoy reading the rest of this story, and welcome, newcomers to "Dear Dorky Diary" ♥ ~ Author Out ~ //

Jungkook embraced his heavy school books tighter than any hug he's ever received from his parents, not to mention his father who isn't one to believe in giving other men affection, even if that young man is his own son.

The young boy learned to find his father ruffling his hair to be affectionate, but he soon  learned that Hanjae's ways of acting towards him were far more different than what he had envisioned. That alone brought misery to Jungkook's life, excluding all of the  disappointment.

Today he felt rather optimistic, while walking down the school's corridors and quietly greeting the kind professors who he grew to consider more of a family. After all, they were much nicer and never once scolded him for getting an answer wrong.

Contrary to that; They would help the boy study, and haven't had any complaints whatsoever. Jungkook's always gotten straight A's.

His smile beamed across the room as he spotted 2/6 boys that were his closest friends. Within the classroom sat his best friends, Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung. The rest of the boys were in different classrooms, given that they were much older than them and belonged to a different location within the same school.

Yet despite their age gap, all six of them get along perfectly fine... Minus a few minor discussions, but nothing that can't be solved.

"Good Morning, Jungkookie." Taehyung whispered, poking at the boy's ribcage with a pencil. Earning a slight jolt from the younger made him apologize to Jungkook who offered him a soft smile in response to his apology.

"Rough night?" Jimin caved in, peering from behind both boys. Their seats were right beside one another, so during their assignments, they usually talk to each other in silence before getting serious about the tests they need to work on.

Pressing down onto a piece of paper with a pen, Jungkook felt his hand grow shaky as he nodded at Jimin.

"Y...yeah. Didn't sleep." He responded, breathing out ever so silently. Soon, everyone grew silent as the teacher raised her voice. As class commenced, some students were very concentrated, others were still sneakily using their cellphones, meanwhile Jungkook...

"What are you doing?"

"Stop writing on that and practice playing the piano."

"Hanjae, if he doesn't want to play, don't force him. That's not mandatory in his school. Sweetheart, why don't you eat the food I o-ordered instead."

"Until this little shit doesn't learn to do something useful other than writing on this piece of cardboard, he won't get a bite of food or even a hint of sleep, you got that? Look at me!"

"B-BUT THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM. THAT DIARY IS MINE."

"Jungkook, calm down."

"Jungkook..."

"Jungkook, are you listening?" Being startled awake from his bothersome memories of last night, Jungkook looked up at a woman who had a look of concern written all over her face.

"Sorry, it won't happen again Mrs. Park. I just didn't sleep too well last night." Jungkook's eyes squinted as he waited to be yelled at or hit with a ruler, but instead, the teacher patted his head ever so gently, giving him a soft smile, almost sympathetically.

Jungkook wasn't used to this type of affection, so he was left in a trance with his eyes welling up at the feeling of such strange emotions washing over him. "M... Mrs. Park? Is it okay if I use the bathroom?" Everyone turned over to stare at the boy.

"You don't have to ask, Jungkook. Go right ahead, but make it quick. You have five minutes left before the bell rings, sweetheart." The boy was about to make a run for the exit when the woman's words stopped him.

"Mrs. Park.... What did you call me?" The woman gave him a half-hearted smile before repeating herself.

"I called you a "sweetheart" because that is what you are, after all. Now, go on." The boy nodded, a sob unintentionally escaping his mouth as he breathed in, realizing that he hadn't been breathing the entire time that the woman had touched his head.

Whenever an adult, specifically his abusive father, place their hand on him, it's usually to punch his head, to slap the back of  his neck, or to grab a fist full of his hair. Poor defenceless Jungkook recalls the amount of headaches he's fallen asleep with after Hanjae has beaten him.

"She called me 'sweetheart'... Mom and dad usually call me "dumbass" or "useless". It feels.. Weird. But I like it more than being called those nicknames instead." Hot tears streamed down Jungkook's neckline as he smiled and looked up at the light underneath him when he stood inside of the bathroom.

"Dear Dorky Diary, I have a lot to tell you..."