Wide Enough For Two -{Kogagoshi}

Start from the beginning

Kogane hummed sympathetically. "Well, my umbrella is wide enough for two! Want me to walk you home, ' Shiki? I'm pretty sure your place is on the way to mine."

Goshiki blinked at him, then smiled. "That would be great. Thank you."

"Anytime!"

Their walk was filled with easy conversation and comfortable silences. Goshiki tied his team jacket around his waist, not prepared to put it on while it was soaked through and through - he had too much self respect for that. All in all, the walk home with Kogane was very enjoyable. Except for one thing.

Koganegawa Kanji's wet hair was making Goshiki question all of his standards.

Usually, Kogane's hair was mildly ridiculous. The three antenna-like black streaks stood up in a way that resembled Psyduck and the rest seemed like a messy, tiny, blonde pyramid. Late at night, Goshiki had sometimes thought about it in his sleep-deprived state, wondering how long it would take him to style it like that and what went through his head as he did it. In other words, Goshiki had never really noticed Kogane's hair in such detail until it had been soaked by the rain.

He looked a whole lot hotter. Regularly, he'd run a hand through it, to sweep it from his face, and every time, without fail, Goshiki would blush a little. It framed his face perfectly and it certainly made Goshiki question even more than usual how Kogane was still single.

By the time Goshiki and Kogane reached Goshiki's house, Goshiki definitely didn't want Kogane leave him. So he stalled.

"Thanks for walking me back home," he said, with the warmest smile he could manage as he stepped inside his house, keeping the door open.

Kogane pushed his hair back again and effortlessly smiled back. "Of course, it was no problem."

Goshiki tightened his grip a little on his door handle. "Would you like to come in?" He offered nervously.

Surprised, Kogane tilted his head slightly. "Why?"

Goshiki fidgeted on the balls of his feet, glancing at Kogane's shoes as he face burned. "Well, y-you might want to dry off before heading home. And you're gonna wanna warm up to avoid catching a cold."

Kogane stared at him, and slowly turned red too. "If you're sure. That would be lovely."

"You're welcome. C'mon, get inside. Let me take your coat for you."

Kogane stepped inside the house, shaking off his umbrella and closing it outside. Goshiki took it from him, sliding it in an umbrella holder, next to his broken one, and then he slipped his hands to the zip of Kogane's coat, undoing it for him and then helping it off his friend's shoulders. He took it from him, hanging it up on a rail and then shut the front door. Goshiki didn't see Kogane's flustered face as he helped.

"Sorry for making you walk home with me," Goshiki needlessly apologized, taking off his own sports jacket to hang it up next to Kogane's coat. His t-shirt was soaked but he still managed to beam at his guest. "I'd probably be half-drowned if you hadn't come to my rescue."

"U-uh, no problem!" Kogane hurriedly answered, going redder. "I didn't mind at all!"

Goshiki smiled and then walked further into the house, inviting Kogane to follow him. He was completely unaware if the way Kogane stared after him and was even more oblivious that, to Kogane, this was probably the best thing that had ever happened to him.

After all, Kogane had always had a crush on Goshiki Tsutomu. Ever since the training camp at Shiratorizawa, so long ago, Kogane had liked him. That was why he had helped him when he saw Goshiki trudging through the rain. Just being close to him made his heart warm and do funny flips in his chest.