- 44: It was a draw -

Start from the beginning

Diana chuckled, rising from the previous position.

"Glad to hear that." She said, hoarsely and I knew that the punch I landed in her gut did some serious damage to her.

The crowd around us was silent after a while patiently waiting for our next move.

But one voice was constant.

"MILES!" He yelled, just the way he yelled it in the beginning of the match.

I shot him an 'I'll be fine' look before turning back to Diana.

"Just give up already." She panted. "BECAUSE I WON'T!" She yelled before charging towards me with a sudden boost of energy.

I tensed my stance before getting ready to counterattack.

Just as we were both about to collide, a loud sound of a gunshot fired rang through the arena.

Diana and I froze where we are.

There wasn't a commotion in the arena but it grew silent. They're all fighters, they've all experienced a situation like this before.

Except...

I whirled around to look at Ryder only to see him, still looking at me with the same concern in his eyes.

This idiot.

I shook my head as a loud voice follower the sound of the gunshot.

"Now that I finally have the attention of these beautiful ladies, why don't you step out of the rink?" A very familiar looking man, advanced towards the rink as the crowd parted for him.

He was wearing an overcoat and a hat that made him look extra shady.

Realisation hit me when I remembered why he seemed familiar.

He's the lunatic who caused a ruckus on the day I faught Brody. The only person who bet on me and won a fortune.

The one who knew who I was.

I thought and narrowed my eyes at him as I noticed the shiny device in his hand.

To my utter surprise I heard a sigh and footsteps from my side and I turned to see Diana, obediently stepping out of the rink on her shaky feet.

I frowned when I saw the mysterious man, smirk and pat Diana's back, once she reached him.

"That was one hell of a fight. I think you made your point."

"No I didn't." She muttered, looking down in shame. "I couldn't win."

I cocked my head to the side in confusion but the slightest movement made me wince.

I suddenly felt hands on my shoulder, pulling me to a body.

I looked up to see a worried looking Ryder, slowly helping me out of the rink.

The refree stood just as confused as I was in the centre of the rink, looking at the mysterious man.

The guy simply took off his hat and I was surprised to see his face, younger looking than what I expected.

The mystery guy nodded at the refree making his eyes widen as he raised the mic to his mouth with shaky hands.

"The match has been cancelled with undetermined results."

"Are you okay?" Ryder asked lowering his head to align his concerned face with mine.

"I'm fine." I said, absentmindedly as I watched the Diana and the mystery guy talk.