Just A "Little More"

Start from the beginning

But I could only get a few steps in before I was pulled away and slammed into a tree. I felt the pain shoot up my nape as I involuntarily closed my eyes. I lifted my hand up to wipe my head when Aiden pulled on it harshly. His eyes softened when he saw my wince, "Look, I'm trying here, okay?" he coaxed. I only stared at him wordlessly, waiting for him just to give it up and leave me alone. 

After a few moments, he shook his head and let my hand go before storming off. 

I released the breath that I didn't realise I've been holding. What the fuck was that about? My knees gave out from under me and I plopped to the ground, the sheer shock of it all momentarily stunning me. I'll just have to avoid him like a plague. 

I can't and I won't mess this up for the others. 

----

Eugene wasn't coming with us on the run. Shocker. I glared at him playfully before I nudged Noah, "We should just kidnap you, huh?" I teased, helping the others with their load. Noah chuckled while Tara nodded in playful agreement. Eugene glared at me and started reprimanding me about the legal repercussions of kidnapping while I just tuned him out and packed our stuff. 

I looked to my left and saw Aiden talking to his parents, his demeanour from before completely wiped away as he smiled affectionally at his parents. Now why can't he be that Aiden with us? Why does he always have to act like a jerk towards me? I looked away just as Aiden looked back at us and made his way towards the driver's seat. I was still fiddling with my stuff when Deanna put her hand on my back, asking for my attention. 

"Aliya." she called quietly. I looked up at her and wiped my hands on my pants, "Deanna." I greeted back just as quietly. "Be careful out there." she reminded, giving me that motherly smile once again. I glanced at Reg and nodded before smiling at Deanna, "We'll be back in a while." I answered before hopping in the van, sitting right in front of Glenn near the doors. 

Knowing that Aiden was in the same vehicle as me made my skin crawl. I tried to not pay him any mind as I feel his eyes on me through the rearview mirror. He has a problem. With me. Specifically. Glenn nudged me using his knees, silently asking me what was wrong. I moved my eyes stealthily to the side and he followed, his eyes narrowing on the rearview mirror where Aiden's eyes were on me. He shook his head, "Eyes on the road!" he called out to which Aiden snorted and looked away. 

I smiled at Glenn gratefully and jumped when dubstep boomed around the van. 

'Now you're going to die.' 

I grimaced at the ill-timed lyric and winced at the volume. Hopefully not, you know? But it was needed to help draw the walkers away. Thankfully, Aiden kept his eyes on the road from there on out, just looking back at us from time to time while Nicholas sat quietly next to him, looking around the streets in alert. 

Tara and Eugene were in the middle of their routine banter while Noah stared quietly at the air, his eyes were empty but also crowded. I already know who he's thinking about and I feel gutted. I miss her too. I looked away from him and nodded at Glenn, "Thanks for that."