The Sign

"Give up trying to make me give up." 

- Masashi Kishimoto 

They were insufferable. 

That was the only thought running through Aliya's mind. The guy with the funny haircut had a stick up his ass, acting like he was much more important than anything else while the chick hasn't stopped glaring at Aliya. The tall guy with the red-orange hair hasn't stopped trying to talk to Aliya which Tara intercepted, responding to him and continuing the conversation for her. 

When they all became quiet and Tara seemed like she wasn't sleeping anytime soon, Aliya shut her eyes to take a quick nap. She took one quick look at Glenn to make sure he was still asleep before welcoming sleep herself. 

"Stop the truck!" 

Aliya's eyes shot wide open as she looked around widely, her arm shooting for her weapon immediately. Tara looked at her in fear, she must've looked unhinged. Not that it wasn't warranted, she quite literally woke up with her only friend being hysterical. Once she realised what was going on, she crawled towards them and kicked the window. She must've been starving since it just made a loud noise and barely budged. 

The red-orange haired guy looked back at them, pissed. She's gonna kick my window in, god dammit. He skidded the car into a stop, almost making them tumble over. Fucking finally. Aliya immediately followed Glenn who jumped down and snatched his bag out of the car. Tara followed both of them, trailing behind. 

"Where the hell are you guys going?" he then asked Tara the same question as Aliya and Glenn ignored him. Aliya rolled her eyes before taking the bag from Glenn who was struggling with the weight. Neither of them were fully recovered but between the two, Aliya was stronger now. She marched forwards, trying to ignore the brooding man who was following them with orders to go back. 

Aliya stopped and stared at his eyes when he overtook them and paused in front of her. "Get back in the truck." he pointed at the truck behind them and towered over her. "You said your mission was time sensitive?" she murmured. He nodded and put both of his hands on his waist, expecting for her to turn around and get back. She nodded back, "Ours too." she pushed passed him, bumping her shoulder against his. Glenn walked up to him as well, "We gotta go."

But the man was persistent, putting his hand on Glenn's chest while his hand shot up to hold onto Aliya's forearm. She whipped around and pushed him with all her might, making her stumble to the floor. The man crouched down to help her up but backed away when she suddenly pointed her knife at him, "You talk a lot for somebody who's rushing." she gritted her teeth in frustration. 

Seeing as he wouldn't be able to appeal to Aliya, he turned his attention towards Glenn. Aliya scoffed when he held onto her wrist once she stood up again. She gritted her teeth and tried to pull away only to be pulled back. He introduced themselves to them, the red-orange haired tall man was Abraham. The silent chick was Rosita and the one with the funky hair was Eugene who supposedly held the key to the world's survival.