15. Girlfriend?

They walked one more lap around the playground before gathering the kids and making their way a few streets over for some ice cream. It was a nice and sunny afternoon and Ricky was glad everyone was having fun, but there was still something off about Nini. Ever since he mentioned the idea of her coming over for Easter.

—

"Alright, one chocolate chip for Maya, one strawberry for Nini and two caramel sundaes for Alex and Xavier!" Ricky called out, walking over to their booth with a tray filled with plastic cups of ice cream and spoons. Nini trailing behind him with two ice cream cones.

"What did you get, Uncwe Ricky?" Alex asked as Nini started handing everyone their ice cream.

"Strawberry," Ricky grinned, digging into his ice cream like a five year-old and getting ice cream all over his face making the older girl giggle as she reached over to wipe his face with a napkin. Ricky just staring at her as she did so.

Ricky could practically feel the pair of eyes burning into the back of his head.

The young girl finally asked, "Uncle Ricky, is Nini your girlfriend?"

Both Xavier and Alex looked up expectantly, their conversation halting. Nini's hand twitched under the table.

"Um..."

Nini watched Ricky too, curious as to what he might say. She could already feel the back of her neck beginning to grow warm.

After a few seconds, the man came to a conclusion, "Well, she's not my girlfriend yet, but I'm working on it."

Maya, Xavier and Alex snicker and spoke to each other in hushed voices. Maya even said in a loud whisper she probably that she'd seen them kissing at the park earlier.

Nini was the quietest out of all of them, sitting very motionless. Feeling like there wasn't much else he could do with the kids around, Ricky merely reached for hand over the table.

Nini squeezed it gently as Ricky ran his thumb over hers.

ugh i'm so so sorry for not updating in forever, i have a long distance boyfriend and he came down for a couple weeks so i didn't want to write whilst he was here with me and then my grandma passed away a couple weeks ago so i've been going through a lot recently, even being in my sixth lockdown rn. i really am so sorry guys, i know this update is very short but i promise the next update will be much longer and will be coming very soon.

i love you all ❤️

as always, don't forget to vote and comment!

active readers are always appreciated :)

love,
caity xx

ps my bestie alexaitshappening made this for me and i honestly think it's the coolest thing ever, i love you ellie!!

ps my bestie alexaitshappening  made this for me and i honestly think it's the coolest thing ever, i love you ellie!!