Chapter 11 - Movies and Jammies

Everyone was still crowded around Ashton, and Luke had disappeared when the police came in.  They quickly told everyone to step back as they checked Ash’s vital signs.  The police officer on the ground got up and went over to the others and started talking.  Finally the ambulance arrived and they took him away.

“Hey, I’m gonna go to the hospital with Mikey to make sure that Ash is ok, can you take the other two home and maybe stay with them tonight.  Because they are a bit too intoxicated to take care of themselves tonight, and I don’t want them to get into anymore trouble,” Ildri said looking panicked.

“Umm..yeah sure.  I’ll just crash I guess,” I said.  Great this was going to be weird.

“Thanks Addie I gotta go Michael is waiting in the cab for me. BYEE!” she said walking away.

“Bye,” I said even though I doubt she heard me.

I have no idea where Calum or Luke had gone. I decided to look at the bar for Cal since he’d probably be looking for another drink, and of course there he was.

“Hey Cal! I think we are gonna head home now, do you know where Luke went?”

“Awwww no I don’t wanna gooooo,” Calum said whining.

“Well I don’t care. C’mon,” I said grabbing his arm and pulling him to the bathroom to see if Luke is in there.

I just walked right with Calum following me in not really caring that it was the men’s bathroom. I saw Luke’s black converse in the last stall, and I tried to push open the door but it was locked.

“Luke unlock the door. We’re going now,” I said banging on the door. He still didn’t unlock it though so I asked again. “Luke seriously come out of there.” He wasn’t cooperating so I got down on my hands and knees and crawled under the door.

I looked at the giraffe boy standing in front of me. He had tear stains on his cheeks, and his eyes were all puffy and red.

“Luke are you okay?” I asked walking over to him. He just sniffled in response. Awkwardly, I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. I am absolutely terrible at comforting people when they are sad. It was obvious that he felt terrible about the whole fight. After all, he did just beat up one of his best friends.

“He’s gonna be fine, don’t worry..I’m sure he feels just as bad,” I said attempting to comfort him.

“C’mon guys I wanna go home!” Cal whined.

Luke got up and Calum and I followed.  How were we supposed to get home?

“Are we supposed to call a cab or is your van thingy getting us?” I asked both of them even though I doubted either of them knew.

“Umm let’s just spend the night here!” Calum said.