Chapter 6 - Friends, Coffee, and Donuts

I woke up early Saturday so I decided to do something productive and went to the grocery store because I hadn’t gotten any actual food since I had moved here.  I usually just got something at the Chinese restaurant next to the tattoo parlor for lunch, I never ate breakfast, and for dinner I just picked up something on the way home.  So I hadn’t been eating healthy at all.  

I went with my pajamas on and just put on some random shoes, so yeah I looked hideous.  There was a store just 2 blocks down apparently, so I just walked.  It only took like 5 minutes and I was finally there.  

I really like never did the grocery shopping so I was just getting random healthy stuff, and a lot of junk food. I was just turning the corner into the chip aisle when I was knocked to the ground.

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” a random girl said as she helped me up.

“Yeah I’m fine,” I said laughing.

“Woah you’re Australian too?! I’m from Sydney. What about you?

“Adelaide. I grew up there. I just moved here a few weeks ago.”

“I’m on holiday here for a few months. I’m ildri,” she said putting her hand out for me to shake it.

“I’m Addie,” I say shaking her hand. There was an awkward silence for awhile, but she finally spoke up.

“How about I buy you some coffee for almost breaking your leg from knocking you down.”

“Aww you don’t have to do that.”

“Seriously I have nothing better to do,”  she said.

“Okay, I could really use some coffee!”

“Okay I gotta finish my shopping but do you wanna meet at Dunkin’ Donuts in like 45 minutes?”

“Yeah that sounds good!  I’ll buy the donuts!” I said.

“Okay here do you want my number? I’m usually running late to everything that I go to,” Ildri said laughing.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea.  I’m sure I’ll be late too.”  I said and we handed each other our phones.

Yayy I might’ve found my first friend in LA!

-------

After I finished my shopping I took my groceries home and put them away. Then I started walking to Dunkin Donuts. I got there about 5 minutes early so I just sat down at a table and waited until Ildri got there.