Chapter 7 - Devastation

August 1 2013

Me and Ildri have been hanging out a lot recently. Michael’s only came a few times, but other than that it’s just been us. One day we went shopping (obviously that wasn’t my first choice, but she guaranteed it would be fun and it actually was). We also went to the movie Unbroken which was really good. Mostly we’ve just went out to eat. I’m glad I met her because I didn’t realize it, but I actually really needed a friend. I’m gonna stop writing and go to bed since it is already 2:30, and i have to work in the morning. I’m gonna get into some fuzzy pajama pants and a t-shirt and got into bed. I have to set the alarm on my phone to 7:15 because I know if I don’t have an alarm that i would never get up in the morning. so yah peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Calum I really need to get back it’s getting late,” I said

“Okay. I know a shortcut,” he said grabbing my hand and taking me through a random alley.

We emerged onto a random street that I had never seen before. There was a few shops, but they were obviously closed. There was a large building on the corner that I figured was some type of bank. Surprisingly there were no people. I wasn’t liking this “shortcut” at all.

“I think it’s this way,” Calum said walking towards the bank thing. He was still clutching my hand. I didn’t want him to let go. Honestly, I was terrified.

I heard a crash and a blaring alarm going off. I looked down the street and saw someone running out of the bank. The front window was shattered and glass was all over the sidewalk.

“HEY YOU!!” Calum says letting go of my hand and starts to run across the street.

“Calum where the heck are you going??” I asked grabbing his arm and stopping him.

“I’m gonna go stop that guy,” he slides his arm out of my grasp and starts to chase the guy down.

“Calum stop! Just leave it to the cops!” I yell after him. He just ignores me and keeps running.

I stood staring from my spot on the sidewalk. I still hadn’t moved from where I was when I first saw the man.

Calum was about a block away when I heard the noise that would haunt me for the rest of my life.  I took off running in the direction of the sounds. Hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

I heard the sirens from down the street run away from a lifeless Calum lying on the ground. I collapse down next to him. I instantly start sobbing and lay my head down onto his chest.

I hear footsteps running towards me, and I lift my head up and realize that there was blood all over my hands. I started screaming to the officers approaching me.

“PLEASE.......MY BOYFRIEND.........HELP.........PLEASE.....!” I couldn’t even form a sentence and couldn’t wrap my brain around what had just happened.