Ch 9

Quick A/n: I didn't proof read this chapter and I normally don't. That being said if you see any spelling or grammar mistakes in this chapter or others feel free to point them out.

20 minutes later I was all calmed down. Kelly and I started walking towards the tiger cage so she could feed them their lunch.

"Hey do you want to have a girls day sometime?" She asked me as we got closer to the enclosure. "I don't really go out often but I thought maybe it would be fun. I mean you don't have to if...." She rambled but I interrupted.

"I'd love to. That would be great." I replied with a huge grin. I needed a break from this zoo, not that I didn't like it here. I just hadn't gotten the chance to go into town. The one exception was school, which I skipped out quite a bit due to my dad forgetting me.

"Okay. How's this Saturday sound?"

"Perfect." Playfully I shoved her to the side and she stumbled as I giggled a bit.

"Hey!" She laughed, catching her footing and this time making me stumble to the side. I smiled and pushed her once more before running away to the tigers, sticking my tongue out a blowing a razzberry.

Kelly was a much faster runner then I thought. Not even a minute later she caught up to me and started tickling me, not bothering to stop until I was completely out of breath.

With a soft smile she got up and left me on the ground to catch my breath, but not before sending a razzberry back to me.

"The parrots need their enclosure cleaned!" She yelled back with a smirk, knowing that I hated cleaning the cages. I guess it was my punishment for pushing her. I groaned and got up from the ground.

"You suck!" I screamed at the woman in the distance skipping away.

"Have fun!"

————

When I finished cleaning up the enclosure I made my way towards the tiger cage, where I knew Kelly would still be, to see what other jobs I could do for her.

When I got there I didn't find anyone so I started jogging along the paths in hopes of finding someone. I did find someone, in fact I ran straight into none other then Walter Ferris.

"Oops. I'm really sorry sir." I apologized to the older man who was now on the floor. His eyes looked up at me with pure anger, but when he saw me the anger went away and was replaced with another emotion that I couldn't recognize.

"No worries." I reached out a hand to help him up and he took it, hoisting himself off the ground.

"No really, I should've been watching where I was going." I attempted to apologize again.

"It's alright. As I said before, no worries." He replied with a grin. I nodded and moved to the side, seeing the others behind him with looks of shock or anger in my father's case.

I joined Kelly's side not long after  and she leaned down to whisper in my ear. "He's never been nice to anyone here before. I've never seen him soften up so faster." She told me as we followed Mr. Harris

"That's weird." I whispered back, looking foreword at Harris. I noticed that he kept glancing back at me, but not at my face, more towards my chest and thighs. But I dismissed his actions not thinking too much of them. I definitely didn't want to make any assumptions.

A/n: sorry for the late-ish update. I was mesmerized by something I was reading. Anyways the next chapter will be up in an hour or two. Hope you enjoyed.

Not As It Seems - We Bought A Zoo FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara