Ch 3

I woke up to darkness still curled up next to Nolan. I reached over for my phone to check the time and saw that it was almost 10 pm.

"Shit. I gotta go." I told myself as I started throwing my clothes on. "Nolan! Get up! We gotta go!"

He groaned but opened his eyes a little. I could see his panicked expression even in the darkness and he soon was scrambling for his clothes as well.

Ten minutes later we were back in his car. The boys had left us already so it was just the two of us again. We were both a little hungover but eventually we made it to my house and I stumbled up into my room after kissing him goodbye.

--

"Where have you been!" My father screamed at me when I crossed the doorway to my room.

"I-I-umm." I tried to come up with some sort of lie but my brain wasn't working.

"I get a call from the school today informing me that Dylan stole something AND you didn't show up to any of your classes. Now you don't show up until almost 11. You better have some sort of excuse." I could see the flame in his eyes, he was pissed.

"I-"

"Nope. Never mind I don't want to hear it. You're grounded." He interrupted me.

"What! No! Come on dad. You can't do that." I pleaded.

"You're grounded and that's final! And no more seeing Nolan." With a slam of my door he left me to cry alone in my room.

---

The next morning I got up for school and covered up my face with as much makeup as I could pile on. My face was red and puffy since I had been crying all night and my hair was almost impossible to brush down so I settled for a ponytail.

Dad dropped me off for school after a silent car ride without saying a goodbye, again. Dylan didn't come since he was suspended and Rosie was allowed the day off. My dad pulled away from the sidewalk and I sighed, preparing for a long day at school.

Nolan tried to talk to me a few times throughout the day but I couldn't risk being around him. My dad would kill me if he found out I disobeyed his orders. I drowned myself in my school work, hoping that it would distract me from the world I happened to live in.

Dad came and picked me up. The ride was silent but I didn't mind it. It was better then being scolded and yelled at.

---

We were moving to a zoo. A fucking zoo. Don't get me wrong, I loved animals, but a zoo. I could not live on a zoo. And I would have to move away from all my friends, everything I had ever known was in this town and now we had to move into the middle of nowhere.

"You're fucking kidding me! It's a zoo!" Dylan screamed seeming to have the same thoughts as me.

"We'll look these animals need someone to rescue them." My dad replied.

"The...the animals need to be resc...?! Dad, my friends are here! My whole life is here!"

"Man, you got expelled! Alright? What am I gonna do? What am I suppose...what am I...am I gonna home school you?" I guess he was right in that sense, but just because he's right doesn't mean we should move to a zoo.

"No!"

"Right! So what did we talk about? A new place, a new start." I scoffed at my father's words. A new place, a new start. It was just so he could get over our mom. He didn't really care about what we thought.

"This is what you want. It's not what we want!" I ranted.

"What?"

"It's a zoo. We're moving to a zoo." I mumbled in disbelief.

A/n: I guess my chapters are just going to stick to 500-700 words. But that means I'll probably be able to update everyday. Anyways hope you enjoyed.