Ch 4

"We're here!" Rosie exclaimed to a quiet car as we finally arrived at our new home.

The vehicle slowly moved along the rocky road and as we passed a small building a sign was flipped over that read Welcome Brave New Owners.

"Okay, look, the Jaguar Restaurant, guys!" Our father attempted to cheer up the mood. "How great is that?" He continued with a few honks of his horn and wave to the girl standing in the window of the building.

"So great." I responded with an eye roll.

———

"Come on guys." Dad called he grabbed boxes from the moving van. "Grab a box, man. Go, go get a box." He told Dylan who refused to pick one up as I set mine down.

"Hey this stuff can go in the kitchen." Dad informed me and Dylan.

"Got it thank you!" Dad shouted in the rain to the movers.

"Hey, look happy. Smile. Have you even been inside yet?" He asked me and my brother who both had frowns plastered on our wet faces.

———

"Okay, guys, this is the whole storage side of the house! And we got a back door to the kitchen." Dad opened the door which lead to a messy room. God, how could he be so excited about this?

"Whoo! That is a new smell. Wow!" Dad laughed as Rosie and I plugged our noses. "What is that coming from?" He asked as Rosie said eww.

"Rosie!" Dad shouted as he picked up his favorite child. "Come here! Look! Dead rats! See, this is all snake food, right?"

"I miss our home." Dylan whispered to me which I nodded to.

"Same here." I whispered back.

"And what we do...Dyl, check this out." Dad beckoned Dylan over. I patted my brother's back and left the kitchen to go pick a room.

"You never did buy me that backpack." Dylan told me as he wakes up the stairs behind me.

"Oh yea. I'm sorry about that. Next time we can go to a decent grocery store I'll get one. If we ever find one that is." I mumbled the last part. The nearest targets was at least 9 miles away and I doubt Dad would let us go on a shopping trip anytime soon.

"I'll take this room. You can have the one next to me." Dylan came out of a bedroom with a lighter expression on his face.

"Okay." I walked into the room next to his and set down my stuff on the dusty bed. Oh what a joy this would be.

A/n: A little short but I want to get 3 chapters added today to make up for missing the past 2 days. Swim team just finished up and we had a big competition all day Saturday as well as a party yesterday so I was busy. But hopefully updating a few times can make it up to you guys.

*Also not proof read, I'm too lazy to do that.