I started heading back to the guests after a few minutes. Everything seemed to be normal just as it was before. My eye caught Grayson and Alex in what seemed to be a deep conversation. I didn't see Ainsley anywhere which I guess was good.

I watched as Alex walked up to the front. "Could I have everyone's attention please?"

The chatter started to die down and eyes were now on Alex. "I'm sorry to have wasted all of your time but the wedding-," Alex was cut off by a too familiar of a voice.

"Alex what are you doing honey?" Ainsley loudly interrupted.

"Something that should've been done long ago."

Whispers started circling around me and I honestly didn't want to hear this but I needed to.

"No need to worry everyone, the wedding will be resumed within the minute," Ainsley said with a forced smile. She tugged on Alex to go talk in private but he didn't budge the slightest.

"There will be no wedding," Alex announced sternly.

The crowd of course naturally had confused looks on their faces.

"Sorry to have wasted everyone's time. There will be no union."

Ainsley laughed nervously. "No no stay! Alex is only kidding."

"Ainsley I'm not going to marry you and I know what you were trying to do."

"It's because of her isn't it?!" Ainsley snapped suddenly.

"Ainsley I'm not going to marry you." Alex stated once again.

"I thought you loved me?" Ainsley asked in what seemed to be a very hateful tone.

Alex momentarily closed his eyes and sighed. "I don't love you Ainsley. I haven't for a long time."

"I don't believe you!" Her fists were clenched and I could see her watery eyes. "I love you Alex. I love you."

"I'm sorry but it's always been her. I love her." Alex stated. "Nothing you do or say can make me stay any more."

I can't believe they were still talking in front of the guests like this. But on the other hand Alex said he loved me.

"Alex, she just wants your money and name!"

I scoffed. Never mind I do not feel an ounce of sympathy towards her.

"And you don't want that from me?" Alex retorted.

I smirked. Of course she wanted what he had. Alex's response seemed to shut her up for a quick moment.

"I have nothing else to say. My lawyers will be in touch with you." With that Alex headed towards the door where Grayson stood and they went outside.

Why would he need a lawyer?

I watched as Ainsley scanned the room and before I could look away, her gaze met mine. She immediately started stomping towards me. The crowds eyes were soon on me. I was still as a rock. It didn't feel right to sprint away while everyone was watching me.

"You!" Ainsley screamed directly at me while glaring me down.

I couldn't think of anything to say. I'll be honest, I was a little horrified and scared of how angry she seemed.

"You did this!"

"Excuse me?" I tried my best to calmly say.

"How does it feel to be a home wrecker?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"As you saw, Alex left me looking like a fool for someone like you."

I scoffed. "I never asked him to leave you Ainsley. It was his choice."

"You know you're talking a child's father away from their life?" Ainsley brought up my "home wrecking" once again.

"Alex isn't the father of your child," I stated in a calm tone. A couple people started to murmur around me. I tried not to say it too loudly but I'm sure the people who did hear would spread it amongst themselves.

A flash of anxiousness came upon Ainsley's face but she quickly tried to suppress it.

"A home wrecker and a liar," she lightly clapped her hands.

I rolled my eyes. "I know it, you know it, Alex knows it, heck I'm sure a lot of people know your child is not from Alex. You are quite loud in the bathroom when talking about your secrets. Hmm yes a very strange approach."

Ainsley let out a nervous little laugh. She nonchalantly looked at the people around us and I could see her start to get antsy. "Didn't anyone ever tell you to not eavesdrop on other people's conversations? It can get misinterpreted."

"Didn't anyone ever teach you that you shouldn't have to lie to people to make them stay in your life?" I retorted. "I guess in your case, you can't get anyone to stay without lying to them, am I right?"

A death glare was earned from Ainsley. "You arrogant little-," she raised her hand swiftly preparing to strike my face.

I caught her wrist as she was nearing my face with her palm. Her eyes grew wide and filled with more anger if that was even possible. I took a step back from here and put my palms towards her as a signal of peace. "Listen, I known you love Alex or you say you do, but he made his choice. At least leave with some of your dignity in tact."

Ainsley glanced around at the guests who were watching us as if we were putting on a play or something.

"Fine," Ainsley simply stated in a light tone. "Let Alex break your heart into a million little pieces, you'll wish you had never met him."

I laughed in her face. She was taken back by my laugh it was obvious. "He already has. Also I never said I would get back with him." What's up with people assuming that? Geez.

"Please exit out towards the back," a booming voice filled the room out of the blue.

There Grayson was guiding guests out. The crowd dissipated quickly even though I'm sure some were happy to listen to the drama.

I felt a hand touch the small of my back and I jumped a little. Alex came up behind me with a grim look on his face.

"Alex, can we talk in private please?" Ainsley spoke.

"Oh now you want to talk in private?"

Ainsley opened her mouth to speak but Alex held his hand up. "My lawyers will be in contact. Let's go Ana."

Before I could even respond, Alex pulled me after him and Ainsley stood there exasperated. If I was her I'd be bawling my eyes out. "Alex where are you taking me," I questioned as the pace quickened.

Alex sighed. "I need to tell you everything's that's happened in the last few months."

——————————————————————————

I know it's been a long time guys but happy reading <3