"I want boys." I said.

"Too many in this family. All men." She said shaking her head. "I need another girl." She said as I got up to get the door.

"Hey Ava." Aniya said coming in the house.

"What's up Niya." I said following her to the living room.

"Hey mama." Aniya said hugging Mrs. Arrigucci.

"Hey love. How are you?" She asked.

"Great. I just came from my board meeting. I got some great news." She said.

"Really? What is it?" I asked.

"My school made the first tier. We were in the top five of the region with test scores." She said.

"Oh wow that's great congratulations my love." I said hugging her.

"Thank you. I was so nervous when my secretary gave me the letter. Jonathan said we are going to celebrate tomorrow." She said.

"Ohhh where?" Mama A asked.

"I'm not sure. He said that tomorrow to go get something sexy to wear though." She said.

"We are going to go to the mall tonight." I said.

"Oh really? I thought we were gonna eat junk and watch movies." She said.

"That's what you'd rather do Ava?" Mama A asked. "I have a taste for hibachi rice." She said.

"That sounds really good, with some Barbeque sauce and brown sugar." I said.

"I'm with the hibachi not that other nasty stuff." Aniya said.

"Leave her alone Niya. The pregnancy cravings are kicking in." Mama a said.

"How do you even come up with that stuff?" Aniya asked me.

"Whatever I feel like at the moment I eat it." I shrugged.

"Nicholas let's you?" Mama asked

"I eat while I'm at work." I said.

She laughed and shook her head. "I did the same thing. I was worse though, with Nicholas I always had to have sweets which is probably why he doesn't like them but I would hide tasty cakes underneath my pillow when I knew Vincent would be at the firm late. I know it's terrible but I just couldn't help myself and with Jonathan It was um Oreo cookies." She said.

"That's normal." I shrugged and she laughed.

"With pickles. I would scrape the cream from the middle but I wouldn't eat it right, then I'd take a whole pickle drench it in salt, pepper and hot sauce then slice it and put it between the Oreo cookies, and put the cream on top. It was fabulous." She said

I laughed so hard. "Mine is goldfish crackers dipped in strawberry ice cream." Aniya said.

You're pregnant!" I asked her and she smiled nodding her head yes.

"Oh my god I'm gonna cry!" I said hugging her.

"Does Jonathan know?" Mama A asked excitedly.

"No but I plan to tell him tomorrow. I went to the doctor yesterday." She said.

I clapped happily. "I'm so happy. How far?" I asked

"I'm three in a half months. Apparently when we thought I had a miscarriage it was only one. I had symptoms but I was scared because I was drinking at the wedding." She said.

"Did they say the baby was fine?" I asked her alarmed.

"They said the baby is perfectly fine. I'm so happy." she said.

"I am too! God our babies are gonna be like a month and a half apart." I said clapping.

"I know and when I found out all I could think about was the twins and my baby walking to school together." She said.

"Twins!" Mrs. Arrigucci yelled.

"Yes, we are having twins. We were gonna tell everyone together but of course miss thing is spilling all the beans." I laughed.

"I'm so excited. Wait until I tell vinny!" She squealed getting her phone out.

I laughed shaking my head. "Tomorrow Papa Vinny will know at lunch." I said.

"Will they know about the baby?" Mama a asked.

"No. I'm going to wait I don't want to take away from Ava and Nicholas." She said.

"You're not. It's about expanding our family." I told her.

She smiled nodding. "Thank you, then we will go and tell them tomorrow!"

"You're welcome. Now let's go get food." I said grabbing my pocket book.

Nicholas's POV

I yawned coming in from the party. It was pretty cool but I couldn't wait to come home. I took off my shoes at the door, bringing them in because Ava would kill me if I tracked anything in the house on her floors.

"Baby I'm home!" I yelled out getting no answer. I shrugged and made my way to the bedroom where the television was up loud. I heard laughing and talking so I opened the door.

"What is this!" I yelled as I came into our bedroom.

On the floor sat Ava, Aniya and my mother eating different foods. There had to be at least 30 different large take out containers and bowls of food on the ground.

Ava dropped the brownie that was in her hand that was covered in a yellow substance while Aniya whipped her mouth and my mom tried to explain for the them.

"We went shopping for the babies, and then we got hungry and couldn't decide on what we wanted so..". Ava finally said.

"So you brought all this food knowing you're not supposed to eat it." He said.

"Let we eat what she's like Nicholas. The baby will be fine as long as she works out. We will go walking on Saturday mornings but let her eat what she's like." Mama said.

I sighed and nodded my head. "Okay." I figured I'd listen to my mother. She had four healthy babies plus I can't just tell my mother no.

Ava clapped happily picking up what she dropped down.

"What are you eatting?" I asked her.

"Brownies with yellow mustard." She answered.

I scrunched my nose. "Okay, are y'all stating here?" I asked

"Yeah. I'll stay I don't want to drive if that's okay with you." Mama said.

"Oh yes, stay." Ava said. "You too aniya" she ordered.

"Jonathan wants me to come home." She said.

"Whyy!" Ava whined.

"He wants to have us time." Aniya said winking.

"Ohhh have fun." Ava said laughing and picking up her noddles.

"Is that your macaroni cheese and ramen noodles mixture?" I asked.

"Mmhm with mustard." She said eating more. I shook my head.

"Alright, I'm going to shower." I said going to our closet and making my way to my bathroom.

A/N

35 comments