chapter 18

Izuku's pov
"I'm so tirrreddd!" I yelled out as I trudged through the woods, not knowing where I was going. "GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU DAMN DEKU!" Kacchan screamed as he propelled himself through the air bombing me into the process. "What are you doing midoriya, you need to hurry up." Todoroki said in his usual monotone voice as he passed by, leaving a trail of ice. What was I suppose to do anyway, I can commit suicide but I can't literally suicide squad my way through this, if I were to use my quirk I'd just temporarily black out but still be in the same spot.

After running for what felt like 2 miles my lethargy kicked in and I full on face planted the floor (before that I had already broke and rehealed my legs 4 times and had basically spent up all my energy). "I am one with the soil, and the soil is with me." I muttered as I lay there like a log, if anyone were to pass me they'd surely assume I was dead. "This is my life now . . ." After those words I (somehow) drifted off to sleep.

After I had awoken I found myself on a patch of grass, not the same dry, brown dirt from before. I looked up to see my class (plus 1-B) eating a buffet of food that was layed out on the table. Once I had gained the effort to move I got up from the floor and looked at the food, only to find that only ⅕ of it remained. "Sorry bro, we were starved after all that but we saved you some left overs for you." The red head said to me as I stared at the table. I honestly didn't really care, after all I was used to being starved by my shitty ass father so there was no real harm done. I grabbed a paper plate, filled it to the brim with different types of chicken and made my way to the room that we were staying in, walking past some kid along the way.

Wait, who picked us up? the voice asked. I turned back around walked to the table again and straight up asked "hey, so who brought me over here then?" They looked around the table at each other until the red head answer. "Shouji, did." Since I never really made much of an effort to remember many peoples names I obviously had no clue who "shouji" was. "Who's that?" I asked bluntly. "Oh it's that manly bro over there at the end of the table." We made eye contact, I gave him a slight nod and headed back to the room (again).

The next day Sleepy-sensei announced that we would be doing quirk training so everyone separated and went off doing their own little activities, leaving me just stood there. I went up to him and asked "what am I suppose to do?" He looked at me for a moment trying to remember what my quirk was until it finally hit him. "Right, your quirk allows you to regrow limbs and heal." He was close but not quite. "Do you know the upper most limits of your quirk?" Well obviously I knew that since I had a whole notebook of research but I don't think he had ever actually seen it. "I can't die and my wounds often take a while to heal." I think after that sleepy-sensei had no idea what to make me do so he sent me over to some buff kitty cat and made me do physical training.

At some point class 1-B joined in with the action and the rest of the first day went on like that until we ate and went into the public baths (I waited until everyone else got out since I felt like if I went in there I would be cheating on Tomu).

The next day we did more quirk training exercises and, to escape the cats cruel training (I love cats but that guy was evil) I went deeper into the woods and trained my quirk by smashing my arm with a rock and then seeing how many times I could heal it before passing out. I managed a total of 7 times before passing out, all hits were consecutive and during which I hadn't moved many other limbs, so in actual combat I can imagine that I'd manage at least 5 before passing out, at the max.

After waking up I found myself in the same spot, lying on my stomach. I flipped over and was able to see the beautiful twinkling stars and illuminous blue wall of flames, they reminded me of Tomu. "WAIT! WALL OF FLAMES!" I hurriedly sat up only to see some travelling flames, slowly nearing me. They were currently at least 10 metres away from me but still alarmed me when they came into view. What's going on? The voice asked. "I don't know." I replied, slightly shocked. Why'd it have to be fire though. We're still afraid of fire. "I know!" I yelled "now shut up for a moment!" I ran back towards the building we were staying at, stumbling in the process.

As I made my way back I saw sleepy-sensei who let out a sigh of relief when he saw me unharmed. "There you are." He took a pause for a moment before commanding me, "go back to the hq now, get yourself to safety and stay there. I listened to his words and started running back only to stop when I felt a weird feeling. It was the same one from before I met Tomu at the mall. I flipped back around and convinced myself "This has to do with Tomu!" I then ran back towards the blue flames and into the woods of mysteries, where all things were hidden by the black of night.

I decided to make my way up to a cliff on the side of the hill so that I could get a clear view of what was happening and so that I could find Tomu, but came into the view of some large, gross muscle guy and the kid that I saw before. The kid was cowering fear and I knew that as a hero course student I had to save him (ugh) but did I really have time for that? I'm sure that in the time it would take me to save the kid Tomu would have come and gone by then.

As I was about to turn around a conveniently placed twig snapped under the weight of my foot and the muscle man quickly turned to me and flattened me like a pancake. Okay, Ouch. That actually really hurt but at least now I knew how much pancakes had to suffer. Thinking I was dead (which I definitely was), he turned back to face the kid but before I let him flatten him, I revived and scooped the kid in my arms and tumbled down the cliff with him. "AH!" The villian yelled. "Now I remember you! Your one of the kids on the kill list, shigaraki specified that we need to kill you!" I dove into a small hole in a tree with the shaking kid in my arms. The muscle villian slid down the side of the hill with a loud thud and then yelled out again."I'M GONNA FIND YA AGAIN KID, AND WHEN I DO I'LL CUT YOU DOWN SO SMALL THAT YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO SURVIVE!" He stomped off, and when his foot steps could no longer be heard I ran in the opposite direction with the kid still in my arms. I'll have him know we already tried mincing ourself. The voice said proudly (for some unknown reason). "Shut up." I said as I kept running without looking back.

‐------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like Izuku's mood swings are too extreme and that his personality changes too frequently 🤔 I probably should try to decide on an exact personality type for him but that sounds like a lotta effort so I'll leave it as is and try to improve my writing.✌

Also I'm sure ya all can see where this is going🤭