10 - high horse

"I can't do this" I say as I drop my pen and lay back on the foot of Kalen's bed and he chuckles "Hey! stop laughing at my misery, this assignment is harder than I expected"

We were currently in his room completing our respective assignments for our classes, we had met up to work on our creative writing project but it had started raining really hard and I didn't feel like walking back to my apartment in the pouring rain.

"I'm starting to regret having an english lit major besides dancing" I complain "Yeah, why's that? that you have two majors?" He asks me.

"Dance, especially ballet is an overly complicated industry, with just one minor mistake your career can be over, just like that, in ballet everyone is replaceable, and I need a backup plan in case that happens, besides when I reach forty I won't be able to depend on my body and my physic for a living, I won't dance the same way I do right now and when that time comes I want to have something I love as a plan B" I explain him.

"Besides, who says I have to dedicate my life to just one thing" I shrug "You have a point but then again you wouldn't be complaining about literature homework right now" He says

"Touché"

We spend the next our or so doing our assignments followed with our usual complaint for school, "Thank God that's over" I sigh as I close my book and rest my head as I close my eyes, but he breaks the silence by saying "You wanna watch something?" And he doesn't have to tell me twice because next thing I know I'm next to him on the bed and he's logging into netflix from his tv.

He logs into his profile and at first I don't see anything off but then I notice the 'recently watched' section that has a bunch of rom-coms and I gasp.

"Oh my God you watch rom-coms?" I tell him and I can sense some embarrassment creeping into him "Please, it's not that big of a deal" he rolls his eyes "um, but it is, Kalen Bancroft the football player who sleeps around and doesn't believe in love watches rom-coms"

"Yeah, yeah I get it" he says rolling his eyes again "But I swear if you tell anyone" he threatens but before he can think of what he's gonna say next I interrupt "if I tell anyone then what?" trying to annoy me but he just smirks and starts tickling me.

"No, stop stop stop stop" I say in between laughs and trying to get his hands off my stomach "I won't tell anyone I promise just stop" I raise my hands in surrender.

He just gives me a satisfied smile and we put on netflix.

About an hour and a half later we go downstairs and I help Dom cook something for dinner, apparently, he cooks for the guys since they would 'burn the house down'

We end up all eating on their dinner, which confuses me, because I never thought that in a house full of boys they would have dinner time with a cooked meal around a big table like a family, but that's exactly what they are family.

"I can't wait for the match tomorrow" Caleb, one of the guys in the team says, and they all agree, and stay talking about it, I feel weirdly at ease with them, like since I became friends with Gen, Lottie, Kalen, Ethan and Dom, all the team has welcomed me.

Later in the night, the rain tones down and Kalen drives me home.

"So you'll be there at the game tomorrow?" He asks once we're parked in front of my building "Yeah," I say "Turns out I have to support my idiot of a friend, he's the quarterback" "He sounds amazing" he responds I just rolls my eyes and say "Night Kalen" "Night Lottie"

Cheers and screams are everything we can hear, the game is almost over and we're up than the other team by a couple of points.

It's the first game of the semester and everyone is excited, all our section is dressed in purple, our school color, many have their faces painted, have banners and foam fingers.

"Come on guys you got this" Gen says even if they can't hear her.

The last minutes of the game go by in a blur of excitement and nervousness, but by the time the buzzer goes off our section of the bleachers goes wild.

The boys all surround each other and cheer, making the public go wilder.

I hug Gen and Daiz and we do some sort of jump-hug which ends up in us almost tripping.

Looking over the field I spot Kalen and we lock eyes for a second and smile at each other, but eventually he gets dragged by his teammates out of the field and to their locker room.

After making our way out of the bleachers, which took almost 10 minutes, we finally make it out of the team exit, and wait for the guys to come out.

There's not much people since the access to this area is sort of restricted, but Daiz being Ethan's girlfriend gives us some access.

There are also two of the other guys' girlfriends, who I've seen around the house a couple of times.

The five of us are standing sort of awkwardly without saying much until Daiz, being the extroverted person she is introduces herself and manages to make the whole situation normal.

"I'm Tamara" One of the girls, a tall redhead tells us "Sofia" The second one tells us, which opposite of Tamara, is a short latina.

We end up chatting and exchanging numbers until the guys finally come out of the locker room as pumped as they left the field.

"WE WON!!" Ethan yells as he goes forward and hugs Daiz who hugs him back, I see as Tamara and Sofia go with their boyfriends Tyler and Caleb.

My eyes instantly search for some honey eyes and when I finally spot him he's already looking my way.

Kalen makes his way to me and we hug, "Congratulations" I tell him and he ruffles my hair "Hey! don't do that" I protest but he only chuckles.

"Thanks dumbass" He says and I roll my eyes.

"We kicked their asses" I hear the guys chant, as the others came out from the locker room.

"let's go celebrate, first round on me" says one of them and we all cheer.

"Good to finally see you in action" I tell Kalen "I thought the amazing Kalen Bancroft thing was pure tales" And he scoffs "of course I'm that good" he says with a cocky grin "Get off your high horse will you?" I say.

"What horse?" he asks playing dumb and I roll my eyes as we go out to the parking lot "Dumbass" I mutter but he hears me and hits my arm "Hey!"

But then he looks up and all his posture changes, he stops walking, his jaw clenches and all his body goes rigid, his face looks like he's just seen a ghost.

I follow his eyes until I see a man wearing a baseball cap but other than that, he's dressed formally, with a suit.

I don't have any time to question him because he just says, "Go ahead, I'll catch up" and he seems pretty altered so I do just that.

a/n

this chapter is more of a filler so I'm sorry bout that, but I'm lowkey in love with Kalen and Lottie even if they're my characters lol

I hope everyone has a great week :)

alsooo thank you sososo much for 8k reads it means the absolute world to me!!

Don't forget to vote and comment ily

-lils
xx