Chapter 18

Grayson's POV
Makenna had traded seats with someone last month to better avoid me. Now she sat all the way across the room. But that wouldn't stop me. I would do anything and everything to get her back. Taking a piece of paper, I quickly wrote it down. I just wanted to make her smile.

"Here, pass this until it gets to Makenna," I said to the girl beside me. I watched as the girl passed the note. It went on and on until it finally reached Makenna. When she got it, she looked up, confused. Everyone that helped looked or pointed to me. I blushed and tried not to look down.

Makenna looked at me, then read the note. Please let this work. After reading it, a small smile appeared on her face.

Yes!

Makenna's POV
I looked confusedly at the note before opening it.

My doctor says I'm lacking Vitamin U. (-;

I smiled. Looking over towards Grayson, I saw he was smiling shyly. How did he know I liked cheesy pickup lines? I folded the note and put it in my back pocket.

I didn't know what he was trying to do, but I could at least appreciate the cheesiness.

Grayson's POV
One week later
I sat  in homeroom, trying to decide what to write today. I'd been writing her funny and cheesy pickup lines everyday since that day last week. She looked over at me and grinned.

Finally, I thought of something.

Makenna's POV
I sat waiting for Grayson's note. He's been doing it for one week now. It's become something I look forward to now.

Finally his note reached me.

Did the sun come out of you or did you just smile at me?

I laughed and looked at Grayson. He smiled triumphantly. It was crazy how we were building a relationship on pickup lines. But it was the little things.

2 months later
My plan to tell Grayson about the baby after it was born wasn't going to work. My stomach was bigger. I noticed Jade and David giving me side looks, wondering.

I realized I should have told them that weekend I said I was , but I chickened out. I didn't know how they were going to see me after I told them.

I sighed. I can't believe this is happening to me. Usually the baby grows the fastest and the most during the last month.

"You just want to be seen, don't you?" I said lovingly and rubbed my belly.

It was Saturday and I was sitting in my room, looking at all the pickup lines Grayson wrote to me over the last two months. My favorites stuck out.

If you were a vegetable, you'd be a cute-cumber.
If I had a star for every time you brightened my day, I'd have a galaxy in my hand.
Did you read Doctor Suess as a kid? Because, green eggs and....damn!
If you were a booger, I'd pick you first.
Did you have Lucky Charms for breakfast? Because you look magically delicious.
Kiss me if I'm wrong, but dinosaurs still exist right?
What time do you have to be back in heaven?

I smiled as I read the last two. This was how we communicated now. Every now and then, if I saw him in the hallway, I'd give him a little smile. I sat now contemplating how to tell Grayson about the baby.

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said.

Mom peaked her head in. "Jade and David at downstairs. They said they're kidnapping you."

"What? Why are they here?" I had on a little tank top, my belly outlined perfectly.

Mom shrugged and went back downstairs. I searched through my closet for one of my dad's sweatshirts that I'd been wearing. Finally finding one, I threw it on then rushed downstairs.

David and Jade sat on the loveseat, looking quite comfortable. Hmmm. Was there something between them? Jade stopped mid-giggle when I reached them and jumped up.

"We're here to kidnap you," she announced.

"I heard."

"So come on," David said, standing up.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Just...around." Jade shrugged like it didn't really matter.

After, I put on my shoes, we were out of the door. David drove to the mall- which I don't think it should be called of because of its miniscule size. As we walked around I saw people with their children and imagined that being me in a few months, in a few years.

"So," David said as we sat down in the small food court. "Talk to us."

I stopped as I was eating a fry and sighed. "You guys know, don't you?"

"Of course we know! We're your best friends," Jade said. "We were just waiting on you to tell us."

"I was going to, but I was scared if what you'd think," I told them.

"We wouldn't have judged you. We'd support you. Because, well, look at the situation. You're pregnant with your ex-mate's baby!"

"Yes, Jade, I know." I looked at both of them. "Even though my family knows, it's nice that I have you two now, too. Do you wanna see my belly? I've been n wearing oversized clothes so no one's seen it."

"Yeah!" Jade practically screamed and flew over to my side of the table.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" David asked.

"Not yet."

"We can go see my grandma," Jade suggested. "She can tell you."

"Okay." So we went back to the creepy house.

"Congratulations," Rosie said, hugging me. She lead us to a room that had a machine in it to see inside my stomach. After lying on the chair, I pulled my shirt to just bellow my breasts. David started to leave, but I told him that was the most clothes I'd take off.

Rosie squirted the gel on my stomach and got the wand.

"Ready?" she asked. I nodded and she put the wand on my stomach, spreading the gel around. After pressing a few buttons on the machine, a picture showed up on the screen. "There's your baby."

I gasped. "Look at her," I breathed. "Or him." I looked at Rosie. "Which one?"

"Uh..." She paused and moved the wand around some. Turning she smiled hugely. "It's a girl!"