Chapter 8

Grayson's POV

It had been a week since I'd seen her outside of homeroom, touched her, kissed her. My wolf was going crazy and so was I. I was now home, nearly crawling out of my skin. I tried to go to sleep, but I was too restless.

"Mate," my wolf snarled at me. He was right. We needed our mate. Just as I decided to walk to her house, the door bell rung. I rushed down the stairs and threw the door open to see Makenna standing there. Her breathing was labored and I could see her wolf was close to the surface, almost breaking free.

I couldn't restrain myself from reaching for her and pulling her lips to mine. It had been too long. She kissed me back, but with anger. Anger at my staying away for so long, anger at this ridiculous arrangement. My hands roamed from her sides to her hips and squeezed. Then I grabbed her butt and pulled her closer to me so she could feel me. She groaned and climbed me like a tree. Ashlynn and not wanting a mate were there in the back of my head, and I told myself just a few more seconds. A few more seconds of her lips and tongue. A few more seconds of her full, luscious hips and ass. A few more seconds of her scent and body pressed against mine. A few more seconds of my mate, because this couldn't happen again.

I slowed the kiss down and eventually stopped it. Peeling her off me, I took plenty of steps back.

"Okay, so now we know we can't go a week without seeing each other," I said.

She smirked then went into the living.

"So," she turned and looked at me. "Day one of us hanging out. What are we going to do?"

"Let's just watch a movie." So we did. I popped in The Avengers, one of my favorite movies. Makenna had stretched her legs out on the sofa. Lifting her feet, I sat down then put them on my lap.

"Avengers?" she asked. "Really?"

"Yep."

She acted like she didn't like it, but she watched it intently and shushed me each time I tried to comment.

"Thor is hot," she said.

My head snapped in her direction. "Shush," I said mockingly.

She laughed. "Don't worry, babe. You're hotter."

"I better be," I grumbled.

We finished the movie and I let her choose the next.

"Please not a chick flick," I begged.

"Not really my thing." She rifled through our collection, finally choosing Oculus. When she returned to the couch, she snuggled up next to me instead of going to her end.

"Do you like scary movies?"

"Love 'em," she replied.

"Then how come you're practically sitting on my lap right now?"

"Everybody needs somebody to snuggle when scary movies are on."

All throughout the movie she covered her face and peeked through her fingers. On one part, she jumped and buried her face in my neck. I just laughed and held her head there until that part was over.

"So you love scary movies, huh?" I asked when it was over.

"So much sometimes it hurts to look at them."

"Yeah, okay." We stared at each other smiling. She knew I knew she definitely hated scary movies. "Was this just a part of your plan?"

"Plan?" she asked innocently.

I tickled her and she laughed, squirming around. "Admit it," I said.

"Never," she giggled. I continued to tickle her mercilessly. She tried so hard to get from under me, elbowing me in my jaw. Wow. She really was very ticklish.