3

"A what?" Solar asked confusedly.

"A chocolate muffin, and make it quick please." Sana replied anxiously, fiddling with her fingers.

"You're whipped." - Solar

"I'm guilty, there's a difference." - Sana

Solar handed her the plastic-wrapped muffin that had a folded yellow note stuck to it. "This one's on the house, kiddo.".

"R-Really? Thanks, Ms.Solar!" Sana said giddily with a smile. "But what's with the note?"

"Don't bother reading it, let the receiver do that. In your case, Dahyun." Solar grinned, placing her own money inside the register. "Now run off, child!"

"Okay, bye!" Sana ran off to the exit.

...

She reached the pathway, looking around for a certain Korean girl. From afar, she spotted Dahyun sitting on a bench, all by herself. As Sana was about to approach the latter, Chaeyoung suddenly blocked her way with a dirty look on her face.

"You better fix this, Minatozaki. I may be short but I am capable of hurting you in ways you can't imagine." Chaeyoung threatened, raising an eyebrow. "I'll be on my way now. If Dahyun comes back to me, still upset, I will pull you by your hair and smack you across the cafeteria."

"Geez, okay!" Sana held her hands up in defeat.

Once the cub-like girl walked away, Sana jogged towards the bench and sat down beside Dahyun. "Hey..."

"What do you want?" Dahyun questioned coldly, her hair covering her tear-stained cheeks and blood-shot eyes.

Dahyun got up and was about to walk away but Sana grabbed her wrist and made her sit down again. "Hear me out, please."

"You have five minutes before I walk out." Dahyun spoke in a serious tone, not wanting to face the Japanese girl.

"Damn, okay." Sana mumbled, a bit shocked. "I'm really sorry for lashing out at you like that, I know you had good intentions. It's just that the handkerchief is really important and sentimental to me. Like I said, it was the last thing my mother gave to me before she abandoned me for another family, leaving me with my grandparents who are currently in Japan."

Dahyun sniffled, "I-I just felt bad about the prank and all...".

"I know you feel bad, so do I." Sana said with genuine feelings. "So~ I got you this!" She smiled charmingly, taking out the chocolate muffin to give to Dahyun.

"Hey! A chocolate muffin!" Dahyun exclaimed, letting out a tiny smile while gladly accepting the apology item. "At least I got my money back."

"Huh?"

"You stole my muffin, remember?" Dahyun reminded her with much sarcasm.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." Sana scratched the back of her neck in embarrassment. "I guess we're even then?"

"Yeah, we're even." Dahyun said in a normal tone. "But hey, just because we had this moment, doesn't mean we're friends." She deadpanned, pointing her finger at Sana.

"I can live with that, dear enemy." Sana grinned, chuckling a little bit.

Dahyun opened the packaged food item and dug in, savoring the sweet, chocolatey taste of the muffin. Her taste buds indulged in the pleasuring flavor.