Chapter 27: Met a friend on the show

CHAPTER 27

Gao Zhuo gave the opening remark: "Recently, a particularly delicious green tea drink was released. This green tea drink is not only delicious, the advertisement was also done well. Let's all take a look at the big screen."

  When Gao Zhuo finished talking, the green tea advertisement played on the big screen, but this advertisement was an edited version and focused on Li Zixi, with only few shots of the male lead.

  After the advertisement was showed, Xu Huahua suddenly said: "Teacher ah, doesn't this green tea sponsor the show next to us? He so blatantly came to us to advertise here, isn't it... Hei hei..." Then, he laughed maliciously.

  "What's the matter? You, make it clear." Gao Zhuo said with a smile.

  Peng Da took over the conversation and said, "Teacher, he just wanted to ask, did they give money?"

  After that, Xu Huahua excitedly approached Peng Da to high-five.

  Gao Zhuo pretended to look angry at the two of them and said: "Can the advertiser be as petty as you? Can they not pay? Even if it's not given now, it'll be given after they watch this show."

  After that, he looked into the camera and added: "However, advertiser *Daren, the sponsorship for our show is already enough. You don't have to call the program group; just call me directly, my bank card number is below."

[*daren – literally translates to big man or adult. In ancient times, it is used to address government officials and also, as an honorific title. You could say, it's used to address a superior or someone you admire.]

  When Xu Huahua and Peng Da heard this, they all showed a look of disbelief, shouting: "Teacher, you..."

  Gao Zhuo said with a restrained expression: "I was just kidding. Now, let's welcome our advertisement female lead, Li Zixi. "

  When Li Zixi heard this on the backstage, she went out with an *appropriate smile.

[*appropriate – neither humble nor arrogant]

  After coming out, Li Zixi said: "Hello hosts; Let's Chat audiences and friends, hello."

  Then the host had let Li Zixi introduce herself. After the introduction, the host began to interview Li Zixi.

  Gao Zhuo: "Hello Li Zixi, this is my first-time meeting Xixi—is it okay to call you that?"

  Li Zixi smiled, nodded and said: "Yes, all of my family and friends call me that way."

  Peng Da interrupted and said, "Teacher, it's a big deal. You mean to say, the commercials by our sponsors broadcasted on our channel, you haven't watched."

  Xu Huahua: "Teacher, he's causing trouble. Teacher obviously meant that it was the first time he saw Xixi himself."

  Gao Zhuo pretended to be angry and said to Peng Da, "I see, you don't want to be on the next episode."

  Peng Da quickly pretended to kneel down to beg for mercy. Li Zixi smiled in response to the scene.

  Gao Zhuo reverted to the topic again and said: "Xixi, is this your debut? Have you ever filmed other advertisements before?"

  "No, this is the first time filming a commercial and also the first time on the big screen." Li Zi Xi answered with a smile.

  "Wow, the first time in an advertisement, it was shot so well. Very good acting skills. Haven't you considered developing in the film and television industry?" Gao Zhuo asked.