To do that though he would have to survive this first, and that was a lot harder than it sounded hence why Donghyuck's hand somehow found it's way to Mark's arm. He hadn't intended to, hadn't noticed, only when they both flinched at the sudden contact.

"Donghyuck, what the hell?" Mark whisper-shouted. Donghyuck, just as surprised as him but not willing to admit that he had no idea why he had just done that, remarked "You said to stay behind you and if a zombie gets me, I want to make sure it gets you too."

"How very kind of you." Mark mocked, voice in its normal volume and arrogant tone. A mistake that both of them realized just a second to late as they heard the quick steps moving towards them.

"Fucking hell!" Mark cursed. Donghyuck, bag in his one hand and Mark's tense upper arm in his other, now actually proceeded to hide behind Mark's broader body.

The fog was thick and since the sun had long gone hiding above the clouds again, it was on them to figure out just how close the zombie was. Donghyuck could sense it to his right side and so he pulled Mark by the arm into that direction.

Finally, after a few agonising seconds of silence, only filled by the zonbie's footsteps and their heavy breathing, the creatures figure started to stand out from the thick white wall. It was closer than expected and Mark whispered "Shield your ears and get ready to run."

Donghyuck's blood went cold at those words. Was Mark really about to shoot the zombie? Donghyuck did what he was told, slightly squatting down, eyes sneezed shut and hands on his ears.

Three. Two. But the shot came earlier than expected and Donghyuck almost slipped by how fast Mark pulled him with him. The two ran, quite literally for their life. Donghyuck only now while running opened his eyes but knew better than to look back as he tried his best to follow Mark. As if the fog knew of their urgency and the importance that they stayed together, it thickened even more to make their lives even harder. Donghyuck could now barely see a meter ahead and with his sight slightly blurred and ears drumming from the loud shot, he wasn't quite sure just how connected with reality he was. Despite this, he managed to follow Mark quickly until he could feel the burning in his lungs and the soreness in his legs. He wasn't quite athletic and in this moment he hated himself for it.

"Donghyuck?" he heard Mark's voice and only a few seconds later he had caught up with the man who had way more stamina and speed than him. They only stopped for a brief moment, looking at each other with both pained faces as their bodies caught up with their activity and Donghyuck knew he couldn't run for long anymore. He was already sweating, whether from the running or the excitement and adrenaline he didn't know but it made him feel hot which didn't better in the slightest when Mark took a step forward and took the grocery bag from him.

"What are you doing?" Donghyuck hissed as Mark ripped the handles out of his hand. "Trying to get the groceries home." the man answered pettily. Donghyuck groaned but then was stopped as Mark pulled him on once again, this time however by taking Donghyuck's hand in his own.

Donghyuck was sure Mark hadn't even noticed but Donghyuck had. His clammy hand was rubbing against Mark's cold one continuously as the two ran and ran until Donghyuck seriously asked himself if all this was really worth it to stay alive.

But Mark stayed resistant, not letting go of Donghyuck's hand. They couldn't hear any zombie anymore, only their now loud footsteps that only ceased once the two finally made it into the lobby of Mark's apartment complex. Donghyuck recognised the destroyed door and bloody entrance.

With relief finally washing over him, he stopped as so did Mark. With heaving chests they both panted, a few curse words escaping Donghyuck's lips in the process. They weren't totally safe yet, that they would only be in Mark's apartment, but they were inside and better protected already and that was enough for Donghyuck to try to calm down.