--NINETEEN-- (Edited)

During Cunning's questioning...

Constantine held his breath as he got down from his bed. Zacharyas had been nice enough to be dumb and leave the clasps that trapped Constantine down to the bed. Now he was free.

"Please let this work..." he muttered as he pressed himself against the door. Constantine pushed the door open, and gave a sigh of relief when nothing happened. At least, nothing happened yet. He glanced around the hallway before taking off.

Constantine ran for his life until he made it to the entrance. He barely made it to the door when a voice hissed.

"Forgetting something?"

Constantine let out a long breath as he whirled around and faced Lilian.

"Oh," he muttered dismissively, "It's just you."

Lilian bared her teeth and snapped back, "Just me? You have no idea what I'm capable of!"

"Sure," Constantine rolled his eyes and pushed the door open when he froze.

"I am, actually," he laughed under his breath.

"What now?" Lilian demanded, giving him a side-eye.

"I'm actually forgetting something," Constantine said softly, dangerously. "The cure." Lilian flinched.

"I could show you where it is," she murmured quietly. Constantine whipped his head at her in disbelief.

"Pah!" he cried, "I'd like to see you try." Lilian's face turned red, and she marched off.

"If you want to find it, you better follow me," she said, tossing her head in the direction she was stalking off to. Constantine sighed as he followed her reluctantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So," Constantine began, "How exactly do you know the cure?" Lilian glanced away quickly, her eyes sparking with anger.

"If you really want to know," she muttered. She looked up. "So, my father and Gladys created the disease, and they tested it on me. Then they tested the cure, which worked. But I did something to anger Gladys that she used the disease on me again to punish me. I won't ever be able to participate in the Magick Trial." Lilian's shoulders shook. Angry tears streamed down her cheeks, and she hissed, "That's why I'm helping you. You know how it feels."

Constantine winced. "I'm not exactly sure about that..." he replied quietly. Lilian looked up.

She smiled. "Don't worry," she said, "We'll participate. And that is a promise."