[One-Shot #21 Hange] Grasshopper

Requested: N/A

Warnings:

Words: 459

---

I want to be the bravest, the person you can rely on when time gets tough, the one and only person that smiles when death approaches. But sometimes, I just want to lay still and let a Titan take me to the gates of Hell. Maybe that thought will pass, it's just the new locations, the air must be infected. Or so I make up lies.

I sit on a rock, messing with my fingers as I stare down at the bent grass blades that sway in the wind.
I hate the silence. I hate sitting still. The aching in my chest, the tingling of my skin begging to keep my mind occupied before it persudes me to run off in one direction and never look back.

"Y/N!" I hear her voice from behind me. I turn around to see a smiling Hange come running towards me.

"Hello." I plainly say.

She tilt her head to the side at the sound of my tone. She sat down next to me, showing me a. . .bug?

"That's a grasshopper?" I look at her.

"And I caught it mid air."

"How fun?" I cringe to myself. Usually I could keep up with her energy, surprisingly, she hasn't seem to notice my shift. I look at the grass, then, to my luck, the grasshopper leaps onto the side of my face. I jump, startled from the sudden touch and unexpected shadow.

She starts to burst into laughter, due to my reaction. I throw it off and I see it land unharm on a blade of grass. I look over at her and see the childish smile as her shoulders rumble from her continuing laughter.

"Y/N?"

I look at her. "Yes?"

"Why are you crying? Did it scare you that much?"

"I'm crying?"

She slides off the log, falling onto her knees. She cups my face, and she smudged off the dampness off my face.

"I had a feeling something has been bothering you. I just never knew when the time was right-- to talk to you. But it's clear to me that it's time." She goes back on the log, tapping the other one for me to join.

I do. I climb up. And I cry. I don't know why. Maybe because it's Hange. Or maybe because I need to. But for what ever reason, words can't explain this feeling.

"I can help. We can help. We are in this together. How else are we to save the world?" She chuckles.

"Yeah. . ." I smile.

We sit in silence. Words weren't needed. It was already known between both of us. And now we stay until we are called for. Another peaceful day before the world ends.