[One-Shot #7 Hange] Alive and Awake

Requested: N/A

Warning: Descriptions of injuries, near death experience.

Words: 757

---

The smoke filled the sky, buildings destroyed, and blood dyed the ground. Titans filled your vision as you laid on debris from a wall. Your sight fuzzy, blood dripping from a cut near your scalp, and your limbs felt weak. You saw another scout in a hand of a Titan, his screams filling your ears, and soon he was squished. The blood spewed onto your body, and your eyes widened in fear of the inevitable. 

I’m going to die, you thought, I don’t wanna die!

The Titan looked down at you, and lifted your broken body up to its face. The defining creature had a lustful smile, the greed and hunger of a madman, and you were next in line. You felt the hand slowly crush you, and soon the Titan neck was sliced by Hange Zoe, your girlfriend .You were happy to not die from the Titan, but falling to the ground in your condition wasn’t exactly going to keep you alive. 

“Oh no you don’t!” You were caught, a strong and sturdy arm wrapped around you protectively. You looked up to see the very woman you loved with a serious, but soft expression. She set you down as reinforcements covered the two of you from any wandering Titans. You were leaned up against a wall, your head injury now covered with dried blood. Your bones brittle and fragile from the stress against them. You coughed, blood dripping from the side of your lip. You could taste the blood, knowing something else was incredibly wrong.

“Hange?” You were in disarray. “Hange?”

You kept calling out to her, slowly losing energy and the strength to keep your eyes open any while longer. Hange was panicking, although she has seen worse injuries, she didn’t know how to help you. She was losing you quickly, and that was a dreadful reality. She ripped your shirt seeing your skin around your ribs purple. 

“Stay with me, okay?” She laid you on your back. “I’m going to get you out of here!” 

Your world was turning dark, and you closed your eyes. 

---

You opened your eyes, feeling weight by your leg, and you saw Hange with her goggles off sleeping. You sat up, wincing due to your ribs. You looked down at you, seeing your chest bandaged along with your head. You placed your hand on her head. You frowned. 

She must have been so worried, you thought, I wonder how long I was out.

You felt her move, and moved your hand away. She looked up at you, and reached for her goggles. She placed them on, and saw your eyes open. Her smile grew, eyes widened. 

“You’re awake! I thought -- I thought you died.” She said. 

“I thought I was going to die.” You said, sighing. “But you saved me.”

She frowned. “I did all I could do.” 

“And it was enough, I’m here -- for you.”

She smiled, kissing your hands. “I’m glad you're here with me.”

“Same here.” You gestured to her to come closer, and you kissed her lips. “How long was I out?”

“Almost a week.” She replied. 

You felt tears swell in your eyes. 

“Why are you crying?” She asked. “Are you hurting?”

“I’m so sorry you had to go through this on your own. I’m so sorry I left you alone for a week.” You said. 

She patted your head, gently. “It’s okay. You are here with me. That’s all I ask for.”

“Okay.” You closed your eyes. 

“Go to bed.” Hange said. She left the room, getting some fresh air in relief of seeing you awake and alive. Levi walked up to her. 

“How is she?” He asked. 

“Alive.” She said, looking at him with a small smile. “Awake.”

“Good,” He sighed. “There are leftovers, go eat. L/N will scold you if you haven't eaten.”

She chuckled. “Thanks, I’ll do that.” 

“Tch, whatever.” He left. 

She went back to your room, and you were still asleep. She sat down with leftovers, and watched you sleep peacefully as she did some of her work. It was happy to know that you were alive and able to wake up. It was even better knowing that she won’t even leave you alone on the field ever again. 

“Sleep well,” She said. 

“Hange.” You called. “Sleep too, please.” 

“I will don’t worry.”

She brought back a small bed and laid it next to your bed, and slept next to you until the sun rose.