[Scenario #13 Christa] Back From The Dead

Inspiration from SimpleTimes1 recent Hange one-shot called Cost.

Requested: N/A

Warning: Death

Words: 730

---

Everyone presumed you were dead. It had almost been a year since your last expedition, and everyone lost hope of your return after a week of you missing. Everyone knew who you were, sadden by your death, but it didn't last long.

Everyone grew used to hearing someone dying from a mission every day. But one was secretly dying by the news, her hope was slowly fading away. Christa, the one that truly loved you, hated to hear the words from Levi.

"L/N," Levi looked at her. "Is dead, it's time to let it go."

Christa clenched her fist. "It can't be!"

Eren watched the small girl cry out, the agonizing voice that was drenched in grief. Everyone knew how close she was to you, even caught glimpse of something more. Ymir even saw it.

"Christa," Armin called out, tears threatening to fall down his face.

"Did you find her body?! Did you find anything!" She grabbed his shirt.

"Christa!" Eren shouted.

She looked away, letting go of his shirt. She wiped off the tears, and ran away.

"Leave her." Levi looked back at the trio. "We have other things to get to."

---

Christa ran outside, tears falling down her face. She knew it was useless to cry for someone that had been dead for years, but she couldn't help it. You could call it stupid to still hold on the fact that you could still be alive. She was now believing the denial was all a trick, that she should just accept that you were gone.

She looked up, and saw someone hiding in the shadows.

"Who is it?!" She shouted.

"It's me," You walked into the moon light. "It's me Christa."

She fell to her knees. "No, this is a trick! You. . . Y/N?"

She saw one of your eyes missing, dried blood all over your face. Your arms covered in scars, one after another, it climbed up to your shoulder. You barely had clothes holding onto your body. Your legs were bruised, your hair was messy.

"It's me." You whispered. "It's me, I'm here." You walked over to her, and hugged her close. "I made it back."

"Back. . ." She held you close. "Back from the dead."

"Back from the dead?" You laughed. "Has a nice ring to it."

She punched your shoulder. "Shut up."

You smiled. "Should we go to the others?"

She smiled. "If that is what you want-"

"Y/N?!" Ymir shouted. "How is this possible?"

Christa saw the pure shock on her face, and she also took notice of the awkward tension between the both of you.

"Ymir? What are you doing out here?"

Ymir sighed. "Nothing." She turned around. "Have a time to yourself."

Christa looked back at you. "Come on," she grabbed your hand. "Let's go tell the others."

"Okay!"

---

Levi was extremely surprised. Who would've thought you would be back?
He believed you were dead, but here you were. Armin was crying when seeing you. Eren was shocked, but smiled at your face. Mikasa ran up to you, and careful looked you over. Christa and Mikasa dragged you to Hange to get you checked over.

"Ow!"

Hange wiped down your wounds. "Where were you? You were gone for an entire year!" She cleaned up your wounds, bandaging them up.

Christa frowned. "She isn't wrong. . . Where were you?"

You frowned. "I don't know, I woke up like this." You looked down at your hands. "I woke up alone in a cave, bones covered the ground -- human bones."

Christa held you. "You're safe now."

You smiled at her touch. "Yes I am."

Hange watched her shining eyes. "You took are so cute!"

"Ah-"

She hugged you both.

---

"Christa? Are you okay?" Ever since your arrival, she would not leave your side. "Are you. . . are you scared?"

She looked up at you. "Maybe. . ."

You kissed her forehead. "Don't worry, I won't leave you."

She looked up to see your eyepatch, the scars among your face, she teared up. You grabbed her.

"Shh," You kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you," She cried.

You held her in your arms as she weeped into your chest. You were never going to leave her again. You will always go back to her side.

Until the end of the world.