(EN-)fix it: jake

TW// DEPRESSION, TOXIC RELATIONSHIP

I'll be using she/her pronouns for this chapter. Just letting you know, if your ex gave you a hard time and is not willing to change, you have every right to refuse them if they want you back. You have the right to choose what's good for you. If you're going through a hard time, just remember that it's gonna be alright soon. Enjoy! 

type: hurt/comfort; fluff; school AU; slight angst

trigger warning: 2

playlist: like i need u by keshi

word count: 2k words(two thousand and fifty four words)

"I've had enough of you. I won't let you hurt me anymore. You cannot be a better person yet you want me back? I won't let myself go through that. Bye, forever."

These exact lines ran across Y/N's mind as she blankly stared at her tray, which contained her lunch. It's the same old rice, beef stew, kimchi, pickled radish and rice cakes.

She broke up with her ex a month ago and a few weeks ago, they contacted her and told her that they wanted her back. But she was deeply hurt and did not want to go through the dread again, so she gave them a piece of her and blocked their number.

She has been zoning out more than usual nowadays and even though she is working on her depression, she sometimes feels lonely and gets a wave of sadness which makes her feel like her progress just got washed away.

While fiddling with her food, she saw her only close friend Mina coming towards her table with a boy who looked like he was her age. Mina made him sit in front of her as she sat beside you. Looking at her long face, she tried to cheer her up.

"Aish why are you again thinking about that asshole? I told you so many times to wipe off their existence from your mind and remember how you used to live your life before they came. Cheer up, it's beef stew today yay."

Y/n tried to smile, and started eating her food when Mina suddenly grabbed her shoulder.

"Oh wait I haven't introduced him to you. This is Jake, he's new in our school. Jake, this is Y/n."

She looked up at him, he looked like an average boy, with brown eyes and brown hair. But something about him was captivating.

"Hi I'm Sim Jaeyun. I prefer to be called Jake. Nice to meet you."

Y/n shook his extended hand.

"Park Y/N, i like to be called Y/N. Nice to meet you too."

After the small introduction, all of them went back to eating their lunches and talking about classes.

"Y/n-ie you have history after lunch right?"

"Yeah."

"Great! Jake has history too, we'll be able to have classes together from now I guess!"