Twenty One

That stubborn prick won't let us open the goddamn key to CASTA's sources. He's got balls but he'll figure out whether he still can wear them.

I pinch my nose, displeased by how the Boss is gonna cook up our asses now once we get this far. It's much worse if one of us gets caught by enemy lines and has to kill them within 36 hours. But not for me though.

"Uh, listen..Cade. I need you to do me a favor.." I say while he closes the door shut with every lock pushed in.

"Now?" He asks, and I stare back at him like he thinks it's a joke.

"I need you to hack into the cameras in every hallway at Greendale High and see the footage taken from within the 24 hours of today.." I take off my jacket and lay it on the couch as we walk into the living room area.

Cade scratches the back of his head with his eyes in thought. "Uh, I could try. Why? Did you get caught or something?" He questions me.

Something like that, but with a little less explanation. I shake my head in reply to a no. "Nah, it was easy getting into the computer room though. Only took a couple minutes for the school files to download." Grabbing the USB from my back pocket, I toss to him and begin to open up the glass jar containing bourbon.

I seriously need to drown myself after all of these missions and school work.

Cade looks at the USB drive for a second and then shoves it in his pocket. "Boss will be happy about this, but what's so important about the footage that you need?"

There's a deep guilt in my body that he won't understand why, probably because I always get in trouble with a female, but he'll hopefully get the message, even if it's not a target willing to kill.

"There's this..uh..dickhead at school that seems to...suspicious about what he does.."I try not to give away any specific motives that may have Sloane in danger, but this is something I need to get out of my hands and for Sloane as well.

Cade nods his head and hums while walking away to go fetch his computer. Pouring the bourbon in the crystal cup, I take a welcoming sip as the flavors of vanilla, oak and caramel hit my throat. One minute later, Cade walks in with his laptop in hand and glasses holding within his fingers.

He takes a seat onto the leather chair, while I hop into the black suede couch holding my cup of Bourbon in one hand. He begins to type away and I begin to distance off into my thoughts. Sitting here makes me miss Sloane's presence, the way her head leans in on my shoulder, her fingers playing within mine as they keep each other close in touch.

Fuck, she has me all tangled up the moment I've stepped foot in Greendale.

She makes me feel like I'm the only person that exists in town and wouldn't care if the world was dying that she would try to come get me.

She is really something else; And I meant it from a different point of view rather than just the boy who saw her in the bleachers. Or maybe even before that, which I'm still trying to recall.

"Okay...I got in." Cade looks up from his laptop as he pulls me back to our conversation. He gets out of his seat to join me onto the couch, stretching his legs on the matching ottoman. I place my cup on the light stand as I look at a screen with 5 or 6 different angles of the hallways of Greendale High, where they observe close from the entrances.

"M'alright, see if you can rewind back to the start of today up until the 24 hr mark. But go slow." I tell him. Cade obliges as his fingers press a few keys while keeping his other hand on the mouse. Each screen shows the activity every hour before. Students passing through classrooms, some heading off to the front office, the stoners arriving late as usual and the security guards walking past the halls.