Ten

13:28pm (1:28pm)
Date: March 30th, 2018
Location: Greendale Providence High School

Sloane Davenport

The bell for 6th periods rings through the school as my signal for work. I head on to the lockers where my uniform is sitting. I haven't fully processed what happened with my conversation with Brayden and his controlling bitchy attitude.

He tries to act like he's the victim all the time, which is such bullshit. He's so manipulative that can't even win a simple fist fight with him.

I maybe a secret agent with over a 100 assassinations, but he's one that can't physically kill.

And with all the arguments we had in our relationship, I would say it's the near 100s by now. He would even try to accuse me of cheating on him multiple times when I threatened to leave him.

Brayden can be such a disaster in a hostile environment. I'm surprised his parents haven't noticed by now.

His relationship with his dad was pretty normal, only small talk and plans for college. His mom was just a boring trophy wife, waiting till she would get railed by other men.

He doesn't talk much about his older brother, Nate, who's in his 3rd year at West Virginia University. They were really close when they were younger, but it seems Nate has moved on with his future and hopefully proposing to his girlfriend by next year.

But the one thing that seems to shift their relationship, was that Brayden was known to be the burden.

It's not like anyone actually noticed, but Nate was going to be the next Trevor Lawerence in his family. Brayden felt like he needed to compete as harder than him, faster than him and ultimately develop a character as a psychotic control freak.

Brayden was a guy that everyone liked...too much. Especially for someone who fell for him at a young and vulnerable age.

And that someone thought he could care for her. Every day, every hour, every breath.

But who gives a shit anymore.

Spinning the lock until it reaches the last number, I shuffle my clothes into my backpack, just anticipating for this day to be over. And as I put the remains of my uniform in, the squeak marks of brown boots erupted my attention.

Standing behind my locker door, I see the shadowy figure appear, leaning against the door. The green eyes make my heart lurch out of my stomach and his broad shoulder hover from each side.

"Um..hi." I literally have nothing else to say to him.
Great small talk, Slo.

He gives a shy smile and stares back at me. "Hi. How's your day been?"

I'm speechless and feel the need to smack myself with my Spanish textbook, saying I'm an idiot a thousand times.

I shrug, not wanting to give in so soon. "It's been shitty, but hey, everyday is like that."

Zipping up my bag, I slowly grab my door away from his arm, still holding it open. The aroma of spearmint gum suffocates me as he continues to chew on it.

Good lord, no wonder his face looks like it's been sculpted by Michelangelo.

"Well, I hope the rest of your day doesn't get any more shitter." He jokes.

I chuckle, slamming my locker shut and holding the grip of my backpack. "Let's hope for that."

My lips form into a straight smile, with no happiness tied to it.

"You okay?" His anxious look gives him the courage to get closer to me.

"Yeah, it's just, I-I uh I don't really feel like talking about it right now." I frown as he mirrors my same expression.