♛TWENTY-ONE♛

Extremely Mundane

I never knew there was a life outside of mayhem and murder; meeting you has made me realize how much more it can be

✦✧✦

Valeria sat by the fireplace, sipping on a hot cup of coco that she had just made for herself. In her lap, laid a book that she had started reading this morning and had spent the rest of her day over.

She was on its last few pages and Bucky still hadn't opened the door of his room to show his face even once.

Two days.

They had been in Madripoor for two days and the only times that Valeria would see Bucky was at night when he would come to hoard some eatables for his room.

Then he would return to his designated bedroom and not show a glimpse until his supplies ran out again.

Last time she had seen him had been the previous night. And now, Valeria knew that Bucky could show up at any point.

She was desperately waiting for that to happen.

She let out a huff, reaching out her hand to place the empty cup on the coffee table in front of her as she looked around the penthouse that the two of them had occupied.

It was different than the safehouses that Shield had built for her. This place was her own, it had a hint of everything that she had gone through, everything that she was.

The dusky interiors, the black marble that covered the floor, the cream coloured walls, and the plush, yet dark furniture in the hues of brown, black, and golden.

It described everything that Valeria Barton was.

This place was her solace.

As she looked around, she took in the modern black glass fireplace that extended along the length of the seating area. She took in the dark brown sofas surrounding the glass coffee table.

To her left was an elaborate kitchen with a black marble island that was lined with long stools.

And to her right was a bar counter which was equipped with enough liquor to last a lifetime.

At least for a normal human.

A corridor leading to the bedrooms opened up beside the bar, and just as Valeria sat on the singular armchair near the fireplace, she heard Bucky's room clicking open.