♛SEVEN♛

The Winter Soldier

She's not a hero, she's not a savior

She's not a hero, she's not a savior. She's just a simple girl who found herself alone when she needed someone the most.

✦✧✦

Mykonos, Greece

"Reports have now been confirmed about the extra-terrestrial attack on New York. We are gathering information about the number of fatalities but-"

"Mute." Valeria demanded and the television volume turned off as she flopped down on the cream couch and picked her phone up.

There were no new messages aside from Nick who was asking her about what her new mission was going to be.

Sighing, she chose to ignore the message as she threw away her phone to the other end of the couch and released a tired breath.

It was this morning that she arrived in her safe house by the beach in a remote part of the city after getting a new Quinjet from Fury after she trashed hers in the battle.

As of now, the Avengers were all over the news but thanks to the Director, there was no word on her.

Many conspiracy websites were claiming that the Avengers had external help but she had been more than careful in making sure that no one saw her by keeping herself mostly to the fighting and less to the rescuing.

Aside from that, she did find out from Fury that the Avengers had all gone their separate ways and she felt a little melancholic about not seeing them again but she shook that thought off.

Clint had not yet began to search for her again and she was glad about that. No matter how much she wanted to believe that her mom dying was not her brother's fault, she could not bring herself to forgive him. Not yet at least.

Bored, she looked around the spacious living room of her beach house.

She always loved coming on missions in this part of the world, considering that she had always found peaceful safe houses than anywhere else.

To her advantage, the neighbouring few apartments and shops were also empty because they were all under her own name, arranged by Nick Fury and a few other Shield agents who never found out who they were arranging the safe houses for.

The cream and turquoise interiors with a hint of rustic gold calmed her senses as she sat, placing her head on the back of the couch and closing her eyes.