♛THIRTEEN♛

Pain

And sometimes, just sometimes, in the cold of the night, even the strongest people need someone to hold them close and tell them that it will all be alright

✦✧✦

Valeria's eyes fluttered open slowly. She realized that she was sitting in the same chair that Bucky had left her in.

She groaned, throwing her head back for a moment, remembering that he had electrocuted her.

She knew she had to find him soon.

"Styx, wake up." She murmured into the empty room as a small orb began to glow red at the centre of her collar bone and her suit materialized and covered her entire body.

"Good to have you back, boss." Styx, an A.I. designed by her, spoke up from the suit she was wearing.

"How are we looking, buddy? Any way you could get me out of these?" She jested, knowing well that it wouldn't take seconds.

"Of course," Styx said as she began to melt the chains around Valeria through her suit and before the heat could reach Valeria's skin, Valeria grunted loudly and broke through the remaining chains herself as she hissed and stood up.

"Alright, talk to me, love. Where is our dearest Barnes?" Valeria asked as a hologram instantly appeared in front of her eyes.

It was a satellite image of James Buchanan Barnes fighting off Steve Rogers ferociously and then Bucky was being blasted by a grenade launcher that Natasha fired and then the Winter Soldier was running in the other direction while Shield agents circled Captain Rogers and his friends.

"Oh, wonderful." She muttered to herself before tapping the red orb on her chest as her suit materialized over her skin and covered everything but the upper part of her face. She then closed her eyes and when she opened them again, she was standing at the backside of the bank building where she knew she would find Bucky.

Looking around to make sure that she wasn't being watched, Valeria began to scale the side of the building until she was at a mesh grid which was covering a vent. She ripped it off and began to crawl through the vents by following the series of transmitters she had planted.

Finally, she reached the vent that opened into the room where she found Bucky sitting in the center on a metal chair. There were drips attached to his arms while a doctor examined his vitals. His face was contorted into a look of utter confusion, mixed with rage and she bit her tongue when Bucky grabbed the man in a lab coat in his fist and everyone surrounding him pulled their weapons at him.