♛FIFTEEN♛

Start of Something New

It's both a blessing and a curse to be able to feel things so deeply

✦✧✦

'What am I even doing here?'

'Oh, Pierce is going to kill me.'

'I had a mission and I fucked it up. This is it.'

'Why did Steve look so familiar?'

'Why is Valeria trying to help? Who is she helping even? Me? Or the man she says I was.'

'Bucky. Yeah, that was my name....I think.'

He let out a frustrated groan as he raced through the halls of the facility Valeria had taken him to before he finally stopped at its entrance.

His head was aching horrendously as his breathing became uneven and his heart rate increased.

His vision got blurry as he blinked his eyes rapidly, trying to clear his sight and found himself standing in front of a facility surrounded by trees on all sides. Over the treeline, he could see the high rising buildings of Washington.

A searing pain shot through his head again as he clutched his head in his left arm and feeling the cold metal stinging his skin, he removed his hand from his head only to stare at it with a burning hatred.

He wasn't always like this.

He knew that he had been made into this...this killer.

He had killed people he didn't even remember. He could have killed Steve too, who was supposedly his best friend a long time ago. And the redhead agent inside, even her face seemed to come out from the deeper bits of his brain to haunt his memory. He had attempted to kill Nick Fury.

And Valeria.

The longer Bucky stared at his metal palm, the angrier he felt.

And before he knew what he was doing, he punched a hole through the door breathing deeply as his shoulders heaved up and down before he leaned against the adjacent wall and scrunched his eyes shut.

He had no idea what he was doing anymore.

That was when he heard it. The scraping of her heel on the ground.

She was right beside him, standing a few steps away, and as stealthy as she had proven to be, he knew that she had chosen to announce her presence.