♛TWENTY♛

Settling In

There is something about girl's like her, they question everything until things make sense or stop mattering altogether

✦✧✦

Valeria steered the Quinjet towards a cluster high rise buildings and Bucky only grew more anxious as they got closer to the landing pad of one the the elitest looking buildings, smack in the middle of the Hightown.

She passed him a brief amused glance before clicking her tongue, "relax, James, no one is going to be looking for us here." She mumbled as she brought the Quinjet down and then got out of the seat to stand in front of him.

"This is Madripoor." Bucky hissed, his heart flipping in his chest with mild fear,  "you're a Shield agent and I was Hydra's. We have about thousands of enemies, most of whom could be here. And you brought us to the Hightown, in the most obvious jet, which can easily be identified as Shield and—"

Valeria interrupted him by placing her hands on both his shoulders, "James! Breathe." She said with urgency but his glare only turned more deadly at that. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Okay, for one, the Quinjet was in stealth mode and the retro-reflection grids were active. No one saw use entering. Secondly, this entire building is owned by me and the people in Hightown think that I am a fugitive from the States, which makes it pretty easy for me to take out any of my targets who might be hiding here. No one suspects me.

"And secondly, you were working for Hydra but even now, your name is a ghost story. The information that was revealed today about Hydra and Shield don't have anything about you that can prove that you're still alive. So, yes, James, we are entirely safe here, for the time being."

He stared at her blankly for a moment before raising an index finger between them. "Okay, two questions."

She nodded, crossing her arms on her chest.

"How the fuck do you own the entire building? I didn't think Shield would buy that costly of a safe house, especially here."

Valeria chuckled, "I took down a lot of bad guys, James. And those people had a lot of money on them. Mostly I donate a large amount of all that money to people who were wronged in some way, but sometimes I keep some for myself because I don't speak broke." She said with a shrug.

Bucky's eyes widened as he let out a sigh, "so, you steal, you kill, and you lie. Why didn't I think of this before?" He said with a teasing smirk.

"Oh, I also indulge myself in the occasional bouts of lust and gluttony." She said with an almost evil grin, "I never said I wasn't a sinner."